The Best Caroline Leigh Benson Corinthos

• Members

Of the 4 actresses who have portrayed Caroline Leigh Benson Corinthos aka Carly on GENERAL HOSPITAL, who is the best one? Who is the worst one?

Carly 1: Sarah Brown (1996-2001)

Carly 2: Tamara Braun (2001-2005)

Carly 3 (Carl-Lee): Jennifer Bransford (2005)

Carly 4: Laura Wright (2005-present)

Best: Sarah Brown (Carly)

2nd Best: Laura Wright

Worst: Jennifer Bransford (Carl Lee)

Laura Wright has made the role her own, the same way T. Braun did. I'm glad that Wright changed her mind & accepted the role. Carly's 10th year in Port Charles was a fantastic one! Why on earth was J. Bransford cast in the 1st place?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My order would be go like this

Sarah Brown (I agree that she will always be Carly for me.)

Tamara and Laura are about tied in the middle. They both brought different things to Carly that I enjoyed seeing.

Jennifer Bransford (I simply could not see any bit of Carly in her. )

• Members

That's an awful thing to say about Jennifer Bransford. It's one thing to not like her portrayal of Carly, but a totally different thing to make fun of what she looks like by giving her a man's name.

BEST: Jennifer Bransford

She was just the perfect Carly to me. I know that I'm in the minority, but I absolutely loved her-- whether she was psycho, scheming, or loving her kids. She put everything into the role and you could really tell. She was definately snubbed of an emmy nom for her work in the breakdown story. As much as I adore Gh and Laura Wright, I will never forget how they treated Jennifer Bransford.

2nd BEST: Laura Wright

She is one of those that just swooped in on the first day and made the role her own. After about a week, I was absolutely loving her. Whenever she's in a scene, I always have to watch and never FF because you never know what she's going to do or say next!

3rd BEST: Sarah Brown

I didn't see much of her, but I really did enjoy what I did see (I started watching around the end of her tenure).

WORST: Tamara Braun

Talk about an overrated actress. To me, she was nothing but a pretty face. Okay, well, I have to be fair. Her scenes when Michael's "dead" pictures were found were great, but that's all. She didn't really show the "living on the edge but also needing stability" quality that the other three actresses showed.

• Members

LOVED Jennifer's Carly. Im with psychofan. She really wasnt given a chance. It seems obvious that they used her as a transitional Carly adn that wasnt fair to her. She was doing great with the breakdown story. She made me love Carly again after hating her since Brown left.

I cant really say there's a worst Carly bc they all brought something to the role. I hated Laura's Carly at first but she's won me over and I now view her as Carly. Sarah is probably my favorite bc Carly was my favorite character when she was here. I hated her when Braun took over. Nothing to do with her bc she was a good actress but I hated how Carly was written and thats mainly bc she played the Sonny-centric Carly.

• Members

1. Sarah Brown is Carly, IMO.

2. Laura Wright has made Carly a new woman. Carly isn't the same Carly she was two years ago.

3. Tamara Braun. Her Carly was just an extention of SB's Carly, IMO and really didn't get to grow like she should have. She always had to be tied to Sonny.

4. Jennifer Bransford. TIIC should have put Carly in the mental hospital right before Tamara left and just brought her back into the fold once they cast Laura. I would rather watch Soily :shudders: than watch Jennifer. She was just AWFUL. And that's being nice.

• Members

Sarah Brown is a genius. The role has only lasted this thing, been recasted so many times, because of what she did with it. TPTB fail to get it through their thick heads that it was the actress, not the character that was the draw. For much of Sarah's run, fans loved to HATE Carly.

• Members

I have loved all of the women who have played Carly in their own individual way.

1. Sarah Brown will always be Carly to me. She is the original, the best and will always be Carly.

2. Laura Wright has taken the wonderful work that Tamara did and run with it. She has her issues, but for the most part she is the best Carly recast.

3. As much as I love Tamara, Laura has totally won me over. Tamara played a different version of Carly for that time period.

4. Jennifer Bransford is last but not because I thought she was horrible. She just wasn't Carly to me. However I did love her towards the end of her run. She was definitely growing into the role.

Archived