How do we stop Bush?

Jablea

• Members

I hope you're right because I really don't want to see my friends get drafted because of this awful war.

If it did happen, I'd totally dodge. I'm not afraid to admit it. I hear a lot of people saying how Bush should have his kids go fight, but I think it's still only mandatory for men to join the draft, and optional for women (which they could always change, I know), which for Bush, is really unfortunate because that would exempt two groups that he hates: 1. gays, 2. women. :rolleyes:

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I somewhat agree with your first comment, but Bush's approval ratings have been steadily declining since before the war.

While it is true that no one likes war, there comes a time when you have to cut your loses and leave. We don't need for Iraq to turn into another Vietnam. We are NOT the protectors of the world. We have enough problems here in our own country to worry about: poverty, homelessness, drugs, viloence, etc... . Instead of spending years in a war we cannot win, like Vietnam, we need to just call it a stalemate and leave. Let the Iraqis defend their own country. If the shoe was on the other foot, how long do you think they (or anyone else) would do the same for us? Not very long.

The Democrats got into power because the American people wanted a change. The message was made loud and clear that the vast majority of this country opposes our continued presence in Iraq. People are tired of hearing about the constant destruction and loss of life in Iraq. The Democrats didn't claim they would just up and end the war; but they aren't simply going to set back and give Bush free reign over Iraq. They are working on ways to bring our troops home, and end all this senseless bloodshed.

Bush is the liar. There were no weapons of mass destruction in Iraq, and Saddam was not responsible for 9/11. He simply has our troops over there to finish what his daddy couldn't accomplish.

Now don't get me wrong, the capture and execution of Saddam Hussein was a very good thing, and credit should be given to him for that. He was an evil, evil man who tortured and killed many innocent people. However, where is Osama bin Laden? What about all the death and destruction he caused in Afghanistain and here in the USA? Why haven't we found him? Are we even looking for him anymore? Oh wait, Iraq has oil, Afghanistan does not....

Kwing, I have the utmost respect for your brother and for all the men and women who fight for our freedom on a daily basis. I think we should do whatever we can to support them. I pray for safety for each and every one of them. Our men and women in uniform are not to blame for the war in Iraq. They are simply doing their duty for their, and I commend them for that.

However, our president is to blame. In his speech the other night, he admited mistakes have been made in the war. It's too little, too late to be saying that now.

We just need to get out of Iraq while we still can. Our nation may lose its dignity, but at least we will save many lives.

• Members

There is a misconception that if you are anti-war, you are also anti-military and aren't supporting the troops. That is untrue. I support our soldiers, but I don't think they should be over there dying because of Bush's personal vendetta. There is no one good reason why our troops should be in Iraq.

From the way voters voted, they are tired of Bush and his cronies caring more about this war then the problems in our own country. And when they are focused on our country, what's the number one issue? Crime? Nope. Homelessness and low-income people barely making it? Sorry. No, the number one issue in America for Bush and his friends is gay marriage. That speaks volumes about what conservative Washington cares more about. People are dying and going hungry, so sad, but god forbid if we let two men or women make their relationship legal, that is what will really destroy this country. It's bullsh!t.

Thank God we have two more years to go with this man.

• Members

ITA Bree...great post.

Some pathetic news here, I saw on the news the other day that one of the Senators from my homestate of Kentucky, Mitch McConnell, is threatening a fillibuster in the Senate if the Democrats vote NOT to send more troops.

When will the Republicans ever learn that nothing good can come from us being in Iraq? This just makes me shake my head.

• Members

I agree with you that all Democrats shouldn't be lumped in the same. W backers always call Democrats "liberals", when a majority of Democrats are moderate and some are even conservative.

I agree, W is nowhere near as bad as Hitler, but IMHO, he is evil.

Great post and I agree with you totally.

Great post too Bree. I agree, I get so sick of W and his war backers who keep calling Democrats and others against W and his war and neo-cons "anti-American", calling us "guilty of treason", and "attacking our troops".

I agree. McConnell would do anything for W. He is another shame and disgrace for us Kentuckians. Ernie Fletcher being the other one.

• Members

Mulder, I didn't know you lived in Kentucky too.

What do you think of Anne Northup runnning for Governor?

She is another W supporter just like Fletcher and McConnell. I was surprised to hear our other Republican Senator, Jim Bunning, not supporting Bush on this increased troops issue.

• Members

Kwing, you know very well, that the reasons you gave about Hussein torturing his own people ARE NOT why W and his gang decided to attack Iraq.

Kwing, we should've never been in Iraq. The US should've NEVER attacked Iraq. The info that W and his administration was falsified and misleading on purpose. Congress should have hearings on this matter and W, Dick Cheney and Condoliar Rice should be impeached and fined IMHO.

Kwing, The US and the world is more screwed up now since W and Dick became President and Vice President.

Kwing, I don't like your and other neo-con Republicans attitude. A lot of you people are way too arrogant, examples W, Dick, and Mitch McConnell.

W is a dictator. IMHO W is a terrorist as well, using the army to do his bidding, causing the deaths of over 3000 of our servicemen and women.

W has RECORD LOW APPROVAL RATINGS. Americans have wisened up to W and his war and his policies and to the neo-conservative controlled Republican party.

The Democrats are NOT lying about ending the war. The war in Iraq (CORRECTION, W and Dick's Iraq War) will be ended within the next 3 years. Thankfully a Republican very likely will NOT be elected President in 2008, hopefully. I pray every night for an end to W's reign.

Kwing, stop calling people against this war "tree huggers". That's rude, arrogant and nasty. Typical. Also, a plan to get our troops home and out of Iraq is DEFINITELY SUPPORTING our troops. So you think W and his administration and neo-con backers sending over 3000 of our troops to their deaths in Iraq is supporting them?

No Kwing, I'm not going over there and get my a ss killed. I think W and Dick and some of their supporters should go over there, since they seem to like Iraq better than they do the US.

• Members

I find this topic to be extremely frightening. And, no, I am not referring to how "frightening" and "dangerous" Bush is.

Instead, what I find frightening is that Bush's political opponents are comparing him to Hitler; what an absurd comparison as Hitler is responsible for killing 12 million people while Bush "killed" 3 thousand.

The scariest part of all is that there are people on this thread who honestly believe that Bush and Hitler are in the same league. It is so sad how the animosity that people have towards leaders of the opposite political party is at such an extreme level.

Archived