How do we stop Bush?

Jablea

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Cool...you learn something new everyday. Are you familiar with Grayson County and Leitchifeld? I live in Clarkson, which is just east of Leitchfield. About 25 miles southwest of Elizabethtown.

I think that at this point a monkey could beat Fletcher, but I don't think she has enough name recognition outside of Louisville and Jefferson County to carry the state. I think there are several of the Democrats that have entered the race have a pretty good shot winning the Governorship.

I like Steve Henry, and his wife, former Miss America Heather French Henry....too bad he was Lt. Governor under Paul Patton. Patton just lost lost popularity after that sex scandal. <_<

I'm surprised Bunning wasn't a yes man on the troop surge idea like his Republican buddy McConnell...damn I can't stand him.

• Members

I'd rather hug a tree than kill an innocent person in the name of the "fight on terrorism".

The real terrorists are the ones at home. Bush has gotten away with murder, literally. He and his cronies should be ashamed of themselves for what they did (or rather, did not do) for the Gulf region.

Why are we even involved in other countries' businesses when we can't even take care of our own? This is why the rest of the world hates us.

• Members

Yup, terroists are innocent people. I love how blindsided people are regarding this issue.

Please, take this up with my brother when he returns from his THIRD tour in Iraq...which he FULLY supports and sees the good that is being done.

Please, if you want, I will give you his address. You can tell him what a mockery you feel this is and how he is killing innocent people...the same innocent people who were being killed because they did not like Saddam, NOT because they were fighting for freedom. yea, that really adds up people.

Thanks for calling me an ignorant ass. really mature.

If you can solve terrorism on your terms get your ass elected to Congress and as President. You all seem to know more about the world than those who deal with it every day of their lives. PLEASE....because I would prefer NO war, but if you have the smarts and intelligents and can do more than be a big talker on a message board and can solve all the worlds problems from your ass in your chair at your computer desk or coffee shop....THEN DO IT.

Jesus people....NO President and I repeat NO PRESIDENT would kill innocent people on purpose. And if you believe that...its a sad sad time.

• Members

What is funny is...the reports and information that was supposedely false...is the same information that Bill Clinton had..so he must have made it up to make Bush go to war then right? To destroy the Republicans?

Or maybe the entire world, Nato, Congress...EVERYONE...BUT Bush made it up since they all had the same information which was NOT solely based on just the US's information.

See how ridiculous people are being?

I am totally fine with those who do not support the war. It is their right. But to deface and demean a President for doing what HE thinks is right and had the support for until it went wrong, is just idiotic.

I do not care if their were WMD"s there or not. And when we went in...EVERYONE..thought they were there...as he had used them in the past. So thats not a lie. But what he did to his own people is enough of a reason for me to have gone in.

No one should have to live that way.

And just wait...because we have waited so long with the rest of the Middle East in the past..this is just beginning. We leave them alone...they attack us. for no reason, and kill THOUNSANDS of innocent Americans who are just living their lives. But if we fight them where they are.....we take hits to our military (but as my brother said, thats his job) but our country is safe. And those who die, die in the name of Freedom. I guess we have to figure out a better way huh?

• Members

By the way...this Neo-con as I have been called which is highly laughable as I am a centrist who happens to agree with the war on terror....and have familiy in the military and fighting for those of us who decide to compare our President to Hitler and someone who lost family and friends on 9-11....but in any event. I am not saying ANYONE is wrong in their view. I just think the hatred that the ones against the war is just plain pathetic and frightening. It scares me that there are those that have so much HATE built up in them that they are reduced to this demeanor.

• Members

To compare Bush to Hitler is an unfair comparison, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Over time I have come to respect Kwing's opinion regarding the war, politics and other "controversial" issues. While I may not agree wholeheartedly with everything he says, you have to respect the man for standing by what he believes in.

I am someone who originally supported this war. A part of me believed that we should have waited for U.N. approval and more support from our allies before starting it. A part of me also believed that we should have had more solid proof that he had weapons of mass destruction but you know what.....I had to believe that what my President was telling me was true. No matter how much I may have disliked him, I had to believe that I wouldn't be misled. It is obvious to me now that I was and my stance on the war has also changed. It's funny how the original reason why we went to war changed so much over time. It went from "he has weapons of mass destruction" to "he's a dangerous man and had to be removed" to "we were liberating the people of Iraq" to whatever the excuse is now.

I am under the firm belief that you can support the troops and not support the war. And that is what I am doing. Not only do I have friends over there, but I have friends of friends and family. My uncle was just deployed to Iraq for his second tour two weeks before Christmas. Anyone who says that if you don't support the war, you can't support the troops is sadly mislead in my opinion. But then again....you are entitled to believe what you want.

Before I go.....I will say this:

Calling someone an "ignorant ass" is not cool. If you can't discuss topics like these with some civility and maturity then they will be banned from SON. I don't care how much you wanna cry censorship.

• Members

Noone is saying "terrorists are innocent people". Kwing that is an out and out lie. Tell the whole truth, many innocent Iraqis have died in W and Dick's War on Iraq. You say you love how blindsided people are on the Iraq War. That proves you love yourself then doesn't it!!??

A lot of us Kwing, do know more than W which is NOT a hard thing to know. W would kill innocent people on purpose I believe, he cares not about the innocent Iraqis that have died in this war and does care IMHO about the over 3000 troops in Iraq who have been killed, and does not care for your brother either. Although those of us on this board care more for your brother than W and Dick Cheney do, you keep attacking us, etc. So be it. You have a right to your opinions no matter how wrong you are.

The info that Bill Clinton had was CORRECT during Bill Clinton's presidency, but not during W's. That info was several years old at the time of W, Dick, Rumsy and Condi using it. Sorry info that was true several years ago CAN BE and OFTEN IS wrong in present time because things CHANGE. And it is NOT idiotic to be against this war or this horrible, lousy W, who I refuse to call President. He does not respect our troops or the office of the Presidency, so I do not owe him the respect of calling him "President".

The torturing of the Iraqi people, was NOT a reason W and his bunch gave for attacking Iraq.

People are not being ridiculous at all. Sorry but we are not defacing or demeaning W. He did that all on his own. A fact is a fact. Truth is truth. The fact/truth is that this war is illegal, is WRONG, is very, very unpopular (the latest AP-Ipsoso polls shows that only 26% of Americans surveyed support it and only 24% support W's views on Iraq!)

Sorry but the neo-con wing of the Republican party are primarily the only hold-out supporters of W. Some of your posts in the past do make you sound like a neo-con, if you are NOT I'm truly sorry for calling you one. I pray for all of our troops in Iraq, not just the Democratic ones, which btw are at least half of our troops in Iraq. The hate is coming mostly from the neo-cons in support of W, with the "anti-American" ,, "treason" and "traitor" name-calling crap etc. that I've heard on this board (and I may be wrong here, but I think Kwing, you've said some of these things) and on other boards where they've gotten way more nasty --- on some of aol's boards and on a board i've been on cmt, yes cmt.

McCain's supporting W and wanting to send more troops to Iraq will put a nail in his (John McCain's) coffin of running for the presidency. I sorta liked McCain until this. Shame on John McCain for supporting W and shame on Joe Lieberman for supporting W and his war as well. Lieberman (IMHO) showed his true colors here, he's mostly a Republican IMHO.

• Members

Like Mulder said, no one ever said that. Blindsighted? :blink: I think most people know more than than those idiots (Bush & Cheney). And with all due respect Kwing, you do make it sound like innocent Iraqi civilians aren't being senselessly killed by Bush's war on terrorism. Which is just completely false.

If you had thoroughly read the posts of people who are anti-war, you'd realize that Saddam should have never been an issue. Saddam was terrorizing his people for years and the U.S. did nothing. Why now? Because of 9/11? Saddam had NOTHING to do with that. Why isn't Bush going after Afghanistan and Bin Laden then? And the fight for freedom argument is also pure baloney as well if you again consider the fact that the U.S. waited this long to help the Iraqis out (never mind the Afghans under the Taliban rule). I also mentioned a genocide happening throughout Africa right now yet Bush isn't jumping at the opportunity to save anyone there.

Again, the fight against terrorism is merely a fancy label to get people to support the war. Anyone who bothers to do a little research would know that it's just a crock. You make it sound like American politicians can do no wrong. Just because someone is able to get themselves elected, they're able to run a country? I don't believe that for a second.

That's a completely misguided overgeneralization if I ever saw one. What do you mean by "on purpose"? Bush might not be ordering the executions of innocent people out loud but his refusal to stop wasting millions on a war that is going nowhere and killing many innocent people...money which could be used to help out Americans themselves...very telling. If anything, he obviously doesn't care about people's lives other than his own perhaps.

But what he's doing isn't right. That's the thing! And this isn't just about whether or not you agree with him about something trivial like making Spanish the second official American language, it's PEOPLE'S LIVES. He's indirectly caused the deaths of many innocent people..Iraqi men, women, and children, American soldiers.

Uh, you should care. That's the excuse he gave everyone for attacking Iraq in the first place. To waste a ton of money to look for something you're not even sure is there is just a bit mind-boggling. <_< Also, North Korea definitely has WMDs so WTH didn't Bush focus on them first?

The "they" you are referring to is Bin Laden and Al-Quaeda. Not Saddam. Not the Iraqis. Not even the Afghans. So where is the logic in attacking Iraq? Like I said before, 9/11, while not perpetrated by Bush of course, gave Bush a good excuse to illogically link Iraq to the attack. While it's awful that thousands of Americans were killed on 9/11, I think it's dangerously unfair to lower the value of the Iraqi people. The Americans experienced one awful day of death and chaos. The Iraqis have been experiencing it for YEARS...DECADES. I don't see how anyone can excuse any of that.

• Members

Thank God some people actually get that! I can not fathom support for the war and the president using the terms "they" or the "middle east" as some kind of homogenous terrorist mass. The 'middle east' is millions of people, scads of different religions, colours, creeds. Yet because a minority have committed acts of terrorism, they can all be lumped together? Not only does it show a complete fundamental disregard for human life of anyone that isn't "us" but it's downright frightening.

Archived