How do we stop Bush?

Jablea

• Members

I agree. I think that Bush is nowhere near the level of Hitler and Nazism because he doesn't have the support he once had. I know a lot of people, including my own parents, who voted for him both times and now can't stand him.

I think Bush is delusional. He thinks that God wants him to start wars? This isn't the Middle Ages. The God I grew up learning about did not advocate war, especially when it's against people that believe in the same exact God. (:blink:) The horrible people are the ones who work for him because they're the ones feeding him this information, they're not disagreeing with anything he said. It's as if nobody is willing to stand up to this guy and say, "Wait! This doesn't sound like a good idea!"

He doesn't listen to reason. When the 9/11 commission came out, he ignored it. When the Iraq War commission came out, he ignored it. When the people who are actually in Iraq right now fighting the war are telling him that 20,000 troops are not going to do any good, he ignores them. What does this guy know about war? He got his dad to keep him out of the Vietnam War. He's playing God with people's lives. How many people died on 9/11? A lot less than the amount of innocent people that have died in Iraq.

Now, I don't think the Democrats are any better. I used to be a registered Democrat, but over the past year, I've found myself not agreeing with them either.

I also don't think the media is any better. Bush bashes the "liberal media", but in reality they're conservative. They're all controlled by big businesses (GE, Disney, Viacom, etc.) who, in turn, support Bush. They can't show the bodies of American casualties, they hardly ever report when the military attacks innocent Iraqi civilians. Just a few days ago, the army attacked a place with innocent children, but did the mainstream media report on that? The American people need to be informed. I know that seeing dead bodies and people getting blown up and shot is gruesome, but war is an awful thing and cannot be glorified.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Pink wrote an amazing song that perfectly describes the feelings that millions of Americans have for our dear president.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITZZ6-qCYIE

"Dear Mr. President"

(feat. Indigo Girls)

Dear Mr. President

Come take a walk with me

Let's pretend we're just two people and

You're not better than me

I'd like to ask you some questions if we can speak honestly

What do you feel when you see all the homeless on the street

Who do you pray for at night before you go to sleep

What do you feel when you look in the mirror

Are you proud

How do you sleep while the rest of us cry

How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye

How do you walk with your head held high

Can you even look me in the eye

And tell me why

Dear Mr. President

Were you a lonely boy

Are you a lonely boy

Are you a lonely boy

How can you say

No child is left behind

We're not dumb and we're not blind

They're all sitting in your cells

While you pave the road to hell

What kind of father would take his own daughter's rights away

And what kind of father might hate his own daughter if she were gay

I can only imagine what the first lady has to say

You've come a long way from whiskey and cocaine

How do you sleep while the rest of us cry

How do you dream when a mother has no chance to say goodbye

Can you even look me in the eye

Let me tell you bout hard work

Minimum wage with a baby on the way

Rebuilding your house after the bombs took them away

Building a bed out of a cardboard box

Hard work

Hard work

You don't know nothing bout hard work

Hard work

Hard work

Oh

How do you sleep at night

Dear Mr. President

You'd never take a walk with me

Would you

• Members

Yeah, I can't believe my parents don't like Bush anymore. In 2004, during the elections, we would get in the biggest fights about them supporting Bush.

But the other night, they were talking about escalating troops, and my dad, who fought in Vietnam, said that if Bush wanted to send people's children over there, he should send his own daughters as well.

I was like, " :o , :blink:, :)" when I heard that.

• Members

Ms. Walsh, same here. The Republicans in my family are proud of being Republican but ashamed of our president. Most Republicans I know are like that now, except for a few. I think a few even regret their votes, but it doesn't really matter because our state went Blue.

• Members

We didn’t go into Iraq because Saddam was such a terrible guy. We went because “they had weapons of mass destruction and had Al Queda cells and were planning on raping our daughters.” (ok Bush didn’t say that last one, just one of my relatives who “believed”) Oh and don’t forget “they were responsible for 911”.

And I’m sorry but Bush is the new Hitler. He’s a despot, a dictator, and a mass murderer who is completely delusional. He has taken our country to the brink of disaster and we the people have no way of stopping him from completing his goal of Rapture. He’s cheated, he’s lied, he’s manufactured and somebody has his balls in a vise.

This “surge” of troops into IRAQ is a “wag the dog” effort. He doesn’t care about Iraq. He wants to complete his attacks on the axis of evil “Iran and North Korea”. He’s moved a GD carrier group to the mideast – for what? He’s going to bomb Bagdad again? Not very likely. He’s trying to get us into a war with Iran. If he can’t get them to attack us on their own so he can rally the flag again then he’ll use friendly fire to sink one of our own ships and pretend it’s Iran attacking us instead.

He is sick, sick, sick. And two years is too long.

HELL NO, We won’t go!

• Members

I have a question for you all:

Do you think that eventually they're going to have to call in the draft?

I'm afraid that it's going to come to that because I heard that troops are being asked to do their 3rd tour, and I'm sure that the military is not getting a lot of recruits. The top military advisors say that they need 100,000 over there to win, but do they even have that much??

With all the commercials they have on-air, they're getting really desperate. They keep sending my sister and I pamphlets about joining the air force and army reserves, and I'm like, "Are they that desperate that they'd let me in!??!" I remember a few years before the war, one of my friends wasn't able to get into the army because she was "too heavy" (she weighed 160), but I'm sure now they'd let her in.

Anyway, a lot of people wonder why our generation hasn't done anything yet, but I think that the minute the draft gets reinstated, all hell will break loose (that's probably why they won't do it).

• Members

Excuse me but I am Democrat and proud of it, however I am not a tree hugger and wish you wouldn't assume all Democrats are exactly the same.

I will say its ridiculous to compare Bush to Hitler, Hitler is 1,000 times worse. I don't agree with Bush and this war we are in, but he is nowhere near the level of Hitler.

My family is divided probably half Dem. and half Rep. and all of them who are Republicans are now against Bush except for my grandparents. My grandfather won't talk to his sister because she is Democrat, so that right there says a lot about him. My dad who was very pro Bush is now anti Bush and that to me speaks volumes. I thought I would never hear my dad say a bad word about Bush, but now he despises him and constantly puts him down. He is obviously still a Republican, but is very disappointed in how Bush has run office.

• Members

The main reason why they won't do it is because that'd mean that the politicians would have to send their kids over to Iraq. They would rather send the poor, insignificant kids to die than their own children. That was basically what Rangel was getting at he said that there should be a draft.

• Members

I met a guy who is in the Army(he was on break from Iraq) annd the guy told me, "If they do a draft, there's no way they'll take you."(Referring to my homosexuality).

After he told me that, I told him(like I tell everyone else), if they called me to meet them at an office, I would look the Sgt. Or Gen. dead in the eye and tell him, "What do you want me to do? Service the troops? Because I'm REALLY good at that!"

• Members

I agree with you on that Danni, but I have a question, wouldn't the politicians have enough power to make sure their kids wouldn't get sent over to Iraq.

LOL, I would do the same thing just to get out of it. I don't care if that classifies me as a !@#$%^&*] I am not going over to Iraq to fight a worthless war. I think its sad how our troops are dying left and right with no clear plan on our part. I have a handful of friends that have been over there, some are negative and hate the war and some have re-enlisted so go figure.

• Members

That's the second part of Rangel's point: If politicians were to try to make sure that their kids don't get sent over, it'd show how hypocritical they are. Think of how bad it'd look on Bush, for example, if he allows the draft but makes sure that Barbara and Jenna don't enter. He'd already be in a bad spot by instituting the draft, and it'd look a million times worse if somehow his kids were exempt.

Archived