DAYS: Thursday

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it me or did Drake sound completely monotone when he was calling her name? That was teh suck.

Max and Mimi were cute today. Darin just wins me over every day now. Love it.

In Roman/Marlena scenes today, I was so wishing Wayne was in the role so we could see flashbacks to the Strangler days. That would have rocked.

Bonnie and Connor stole the show today. Hilarious, if somewhat of a realism stretch. Noah's begun to win me over to his Connor.

• Members

Is it possible for an actor to completely ruin a scene when they're not even on the screen? Because if so, Drake did just that today.

The man can not act anymore. Even just doing a voiceover. That voiceover was the cheesiest stuff I've ever heard in my life! Why did he sound like a ghost? "Maaaarleeeennnnaaaaa.... MAAARRRLEEENNNAAAA..." How embarassing!

Deidre's acting honestly wasn't all that bad in that scene. It's the voiceover that made HER look cheesy, IMO. And I'm not sure if I care for the windows flying open and such. John might be able to communicate telepathically with Marlena, but he sure as hell can't control the weather.

All of that was just embarassing and stupid.

• Members

And Deidre called this a warm bath of love?

A warm bath of [!@#$%^&*], I say!

This is only making Marlena look absolutely I-N-S-A-N-E. Maybe that's the point, but God. That was just embarassing today.

What the hell was Hogan smoking when he thought of this?! Oy vey.

• Members

Okay, upon thinking about this further, I've come to the conclusion that the writing for the Marlena scenes today was fine. The windows blowing open was a bit hokey, but nothing too insane. It was just the voiceovers that ruined it. Drake's horrible voiceovers. That ruined them for me.

• Members

I flove Bonnie and Connor. He is his mothers son. LMAO

I really do like Darin. Shawn busting in once again. Intersting how fast he has forgiven MooMoo. What ever though.

Marlena/John/Roman stuff today. *yawn*

Martha once again, wonderful.

Tomorrow's previews look like it is going to be a great Friday cliffhanger.

• Members

I disagree about the dialogue. I though that the dialogue between Roman and Marlena today was quite realistic and fun.

I liked the writing well enough. I just hated the voiceovers. That's what ruined it for me. Even the doors opening up -- hokey as that was -- I was fine with. It was Drake shouting Marlena's name like some tortured ghost in chains that made me wince with embarassment.

• Members

Anyway, now that I've got that off my chest...

Bonnie/Conner today was great fun. I laughed my ass off with Bonnie laying there on the table as a dead body and the morgue worker taking her shoes off... too cute. I really like the chemistry between the two characters. And I'll be damned if it didn't really look as if they had a dead body in that bag! The thing looked real.

Martha Madison was, as usual, great.

This has been a pretty slow week. Good scenes, but a slow story week.

Can't wait for tomorrow and Monday to come. This custody hearing should be good!

• Members

Drake's voiceover was almost bad as Tom Horton's ghostly black and white head flying around Abe during the SSK storyline. The difference is that MacDonald Carey had no choice in the matter. Maybe Drake was told to sound dead, either way it was horrendous and embarrassing to watch play out.

Other than that I enjoyed todays show.

Mimi/Max are actually enjoyable together. Darrin is very talented and Farah isnt doing that bad as of late. I liked when Max told Mimi to cover herself or he was going to attack her.

Bonnie/Conner morgue scenes were comical, I was laughing when Bonnie's leg went flying up and the nurse just blurts out rigamortus(I am too lazy to look up this word) and runs out of the morgue.

Martha as usual shined, I am waiting for Belle and Shawn to get it on as I want to see Beemer semi naked.

It's times like these where I wish Sami was used more often or Marlena had more family besides just Belle, John, and Sami. Are Marlena's parents dead, does she not have any other siblings? I did like the Roman/Marlena scenes, but shouldn't some else be caring for Marlena besides Roman.

• Members

Besides some nice looks from Marlena, and some nice lines... big thumbs down to FauxRo/Marlena scenes. Josh Taylor seems like a very nice guy, but RoRo just really, truly, honestly sucks.

And don't get me started on the voiceover. Big let down. I had imagined it as hearing John whisper in Marlena's ear, and seeing a ghost-like creature wrap his arms around her as she got a chill.

Marlena's parents are alive and somewhat well. Last we heard was John going to visit them when Marlena got amnesia after the miscarriage. Before that we heard of Eric visiting THEM, and then Marlena going to help them after her mother's hip surgery in 1998. So they're alive and somewhat well ;)

Seems no one really cares about Marlena right now besides Belle, Bo and Hope. Where's Sami? Since they cut the scene in the church, it makes Sami seem unbelivably cruel and cold to not have her visit her mother. RoRo wants to get in Marlena's pants, how about letting her have a pal who actually gives a damn about her? Bring back Gene! He's her BFF! You know, besides John. She's HIS BFF.

• Members

Darin Brooks and Farah Fath have undeniable chemistry. It kills me to even admit it. I love Max's apartment. I'm thinking it's EJ's old apartment, which is also Nicole's old apartment, but the hallway next to the kitchen is not there. Hmm... Anyway, Shawn coming over and interrupting them was unexpected. I like these little visits that the people of Salem get out of the ordinary. It makes Salem seem real. Mimi brought up Max's player past. I still think they're taming Max too soon. We harldy ever got to see the playboy that he was described as. That damn Chelsea had him whipped and now he's ruined.

Bonnie and Connor are hilarious! Judi Evans is definitely DAYS' resident scene stealer. The show wasn't focused on her, but she was the highlight of today. Noah is growing on me as Connor. So glad he's on recurring though :D

I don't know what to make of Marlena's scenes today. I'm sick of the writers toying with Roman and Marlena. It's never going to work! I understand that Roman will always love Marlena, but it makes Roman look so desperate to always be at Marlena's every beckon call. The whole out of this world Marlena experienced was...strange? Is Hogan toying with Marlena's psyche a little bit? I wonder... Loving the simple fade to black endings :)Big plus, DAYS!

Martha Madison was great as usual in her scenes with John, Dr. Tucker and Shawn. She really gave it to the doc. "I wanted to punch him!"

Tomorrow's courtroom drama looks great!

• Members

I hate how Sami is always overlooked when it comes to Marlena. Its always Belle, Belle, and some more Belle. Ali and Deidre work so well together and hate that we just don't get many Sami/Marlena sentimental type scenes. Don't get me wrong Martha and Deidre also work well together, but I would like to see Sami actually go comfort her mother. Sami has recently shown she is ok with John and Marlena together, so why hasn't she gone to see her OWN mother when she desparately needs her right now. The show has done this for years though and wish we could see more scenes like we did when Sami was about to be executed for Franco's murder.

Archived