PSNS: JER's Contract

• Members

i JER's contract with PASSIONS permanent?

does he hold the headwriter's position as long as he wants or until PSNS is cancelled?

for the life of me, i cannot understand why NBC would stick with him this long. in the almost 8 years it's been on the air, we've only gotten 2-3 years worth of story. it's unbelievable there are any viewers left. i feel like such a sucker -- waiting for this show to turn itself around.

with JER, it's never going to.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Unfortunately, Reilly is part owner of the show along with NBC. They also were foolish enough to give the hack full creative control. I don't really think they could get rid of him if they wanted to. Of course cancelling the show would rid them of that narcissistic loser.

• Webmaster

James Reilly does not have a permanent contract with Passions that stipulates he will be the only head writer for the series. He, like all head writers, can be fired if the network decides to change how its program is being written. However, unlike most writers, Reilly has producing credits and ownership of his series. This means, that while he can fired, he will still profit off of the series until there is no more profit to be made (show is canceled, or the network opts not to sell products off of the series).

Archived