GL: Tired Of The Show? Wheeler/Kreizman/Swajeski=Lost In Darkness

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That was pretty stupid but the look on Lizzie's face was priceless. :lol:

Well, IMO, Tammy & Cassie's conversations are far more realistic than Lizzie's attempt to tell Beth that she needed to get Jonathan into bed using some gas pump analogy. :rolleyes:

And enough with this "Jonathan is a married man" crap. He never once gave the impression that loved Lizzie nor wanted to have sex with her. The marriage was only for the baby's sake.

• Members

I don't want to be negative about the show but these current writers do not give me much hope. I want the ratings to rise so the show will stay on the air but Kreizman and Wheeler do not have a clue on how to write good stories that will bring in new viewers.

• Members

That's just one bad week. If their average is a 2.0 next week, then we'll talk. GL first hit a 2.1 in May, I believe, of 2004 when we were still suffering from Ellen Weston's work (I think this was the week of Gus' sister's funeral... can't even remember her name. Oh yeah. Eden. Blech) The fact that GL hasn't hit a lower number and instead has been above that all-time low in the past 3 years does say something good.

But, although there's no doubt that Wheeler and Kreizman WANT the show to succeed, their efforts are just all wrong. From these Inside the Light episodes (which either jam-pack 3 weeks worth of storyline into 1 day or don't do anything at all), to "The Law" and Dinah's own reality show (this is what happens when you wrap up a storyline in one Wednesday episode... you find yourself with nothing to do with your characters) to tying GL with Marvel, to saying you've been waiting 70 years to tell a one-day storyline that was lame and campy.... their efforts are just off in all the wrong directions.

... And when the hell is Blake gonna wake up from her coma? Who's been taking care of Clarissa, Kevin, & Jason? Dumb.

• Members

"alanspaulding"

you did not prove me wrong when you look at one freaking week of ratings. Everyone knows that while others soaps have fallen in the ratings, GL remains consistant. Sure they go up and down, but they are pretty steady.

Sorry, your attack lacked substance and fact...try again!

Thanks for playing!!

• Members

I agree with the original poster.

It has really began to sink in for me that GL is not the show I once knew and loved. This is coming from a fan who only started watching the show in the early 90s and was not around to see many of the critically acclaimed eras the show has been through, yet being there to see Annie's reign of terror, Lizzie's lukemia, etc., etc.

One thing that really got to me was the Beth and Tammy confrontation on Main Street. The fact this is the same Beth who supposedly picked up two men by the name of Alan Spaulding and Gus Aitoro (not at the same time though) was thrown to the ground by Tammy was stupid. Was this DK's way of saying "Love between cousins conquers all!". It also showed just how much out of character they are writing Beth. She's being written like some Cruella DeVille type character. Does David Kreizman see Beth Raines as GL's new Carmen Santos?

Jonathan and Tammy romance has been iritating me for quite some time now. At first, I somewhat rooted for these two. For about 2 seconds. The way DK is writing them, he seems to think the viewers see these two as the Phillip and Beth of our time.

Lizzie; where in the hell do I start? She sees her husband making out with his cousin outside of the place their staying at (on their honeymoon), and she doesn't confront him? WTF! I felt mostly hurt by the fact that they made it out as some big cliffhanger the day they ended the show with it. Yet in the next episode nothing had changed. Jonathan was still cheating, Tammy was still obsessed, and Lizzie was still in denial, even more than before. How they have made Lizzie so pathetic is just sickening. If Phillip was to return at this very moment onto this show, I don't believe it would phaze Lizzie one bit. (Which is what I think is partly motivating Lizzie at this point, but DK is writing this as he goes along, character motivation be damned!)

I don't care how much they show Ava I will not like her. That character needs a backbone. Coop needs to move on. The Buzz and Olivia pairing seems like DK's poor attempt to remake Jenna and Buzz. The strong heroine motivated by her lust for wealth and power (Olivia) falls in love with rough around the edges who could care less for wealth and power(Buzz).

Where is Blake? Better yet she's better off on the backburner considering what they did with her when she was getting a little airtime.

The Susan storyline looks remotely interesting, but the only downside to it is that the Coopers are involved with it. DK has turned me completely against that family. With DK's obsession with the Coopers, I bet he ignores the fact that Susan is also a Lewis. (Just like the ignores the fact that Alan-Michael is both a Bauer and a Spaulding.)

• Members

GL could be better, but I find it a lot more on the right track now than when it was all set on some fake Caribbean island with Prince Richard talking about "the people" "the people" all the time, and Beth walking around with nothing on. That was painful. At least now they are trying to deal with real issues and real emotions.

Also, I'm with the majority of people who posted on the thread who said it was great that Ellen Wheeler was excited about the Emmy wins for the GL actors, just as I would imagine most fans were excited.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm thinking that CBS & PGP are waiting till GL is renewed later this year until they make major crew changes. I really think it'll be too late for them to turn the show around. The top brass at GL should have been fired last year. Till then, GL will continue to have the poorly executed & downright embarassing vision of E. Wheeler, D. Kreizman & D. Swajeski. Tick, tock, tick, tock...Is that the cancellation clock I hear? <_< PSN & DOOL sure heard the clock loud & clear.

• Members

All I have to say is "This so called untalented team" has been turning out some of the best daytime daytime drama out there lately. I would dare any show to put themselves up against almost any show from GL in the last 2 weeks and try to even compete with them for Best Daytime Drama.

Right now Guiding Light is the front runner for the Best Daytime Drama of 2007 IMO.

AntiNWO with all the ones out there in the production department that are trying to kill our daytime soaps, do you have to preach their cancellation every single day. I wouldn't be so quick to call for the cancellation of other programs. The ones that you are so proud of esp. OLTL is not on too safe ground itself. Wishing for the cancellation of others only puts them at more risk.

Archived