GL: Tired Of The Show? Wheeler/Kreizman/Swajeski=Lost In Darkness

• Members

Has any GL viewer gotten tired of some of the PGP/Wheeler/Kreizman storylines or characters?

I'm tired of...

1. The backburning of many characters & wasted potential (Holly, Maureen, Dr. Mel, among others)

2. Ava and her constant whining

3. Lovesick Tammy not being able to make up her mind

4. Insecure Cassie and superior Joshua together

5. Alan trying to take Lizzie's baby (I do like the pairing of Jonathan and Lizzie; his union with his cousin was gross. Stop trying to emulate B&B, GL. Incest is never a way to "finding your light" :lol::angry:)

6. Marina living out her "Daddy" fetish by being paired with men who are much to old for her, with whom she lacks chemistry with

7. Lack of respect TPTB have for us viewers

8. Find The Light (it's all for media buzz, nothing more, nothing less)

9. The lack of continuity

10. Them not taking issues seriously (rape, breast cancer etc)

GL is up for renewal THIS year, not 2008, not 2009, but 2007! Why aren't Wheeler, Kreizman & Swajeski (WKS) improving the show so they can gain a sizable increase in ratings? It's bad enough that many major markets air GL at 9 or 10am local time. Imagine GH vs GL at 3et/2c?

WKS should try to come into the present. Become socially relevant. Give us something worth watching and guess what: We'll watch! Stop using womens issues like its child play! If your are going to use womens issues then at least make since of the storyline.

If GL is nominated for multiple Emmys this year, I don't wanna see, like I saw last year, Wheeler screaming her head off & clapping her hands like there's no tomorrow, thinking GL is golden & deserves to always be praised. Her "excitement" was disgusting. :angry:

Any other tired GL viewers out there who have any opinions of the ongoings in Springfield?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't get why you were so 'disgusted' by that. First of all, GL's 4 Emmy wins were for ACTING, not for writing or direction. Secondly, I would rather see an executive producer being genuinely happy and ecstatic for her acting team than to see some haughty pompous woman stomp onstage and say, "...Now as I was saying...!"

• Members

Yes GL has problems and I will be the first person to admit that but its still a whole hell of a lot better than some of the others. At least the writers try new things and even if they don't work, at least we are getting something different. I will be the first to say that I generally HATE Inside the Light's but GL is doing their best. I see them trying to make an effort where shows like GH are content to wallow in the muck and mire. Because of budget problems, GL has had to reinvent the show in a way. I think they are trying harder to keep the show afloat than any of the others.

P.S. I may - no I know - I'm in the minority but I like Josh and Cassie :mellow: They are two million times better than watching Jeva Part 6,666.

P.P.S. I like Lizzie and Jonathan too. I hate that they are spoiling her redemption by trying to rape Jon.

• Members

Say whaaa?! Back up that train honey...

Are you serious?! I was rooting for them, probably shocked, and just as excited as Wheeler was on Emmy Night. They DESERVED those awards and DESERVED Outstanding Drama Series, IMO.

I'm so sick of people dogging GL and what they do.

Yes, we KNOW the writing needs work. Yes, we know the sets were built out of Lincoln Logs. Yes, we know hardly any vets are used anymore.

But, GL is a fine masterpiece, especially for a show that is ratings challenged and probably has a smaller budget than MAURY.

Was it the best soap of 2006? No. But I can't really say that about any soap this year.

But GL managed to entertain its small fanbase and keep it interested for another year.

It's so easy to [!@#$%^&*] about what a show HASN'T delivered, rather than what it HAS delivered.

I do think the biggest challenge will come after the next story arc is complete(keeping under wraps for those who are unspoiled). That is practically half the show, IMO.

And yes, I agree, Find Your Light is utter crap.

• Members

bellcurve, you totally rock.

We could whine and [!@#$%^&*] until the end of this year, never see happen what we want to see happen (exactly) but like bellcurve said, TPTB over at GL deserve waay more credit than they have been getting because they ARE trying to save the show and they do seem to genuinely care about it. Now, whether you or I like or even agree with their approach is a different story. And everyone has their ideas about what will make GL daytime's best soap again but of course, no one is going to agree.

DH - I like Josh & Cassie but if Josh acts like dumba-- and goes back to Reva again, then I rather see Cassie find someone who will only love her.

As for Jonathan & Lizzie, I wouldn't have minded them as friends. But as a romantic pairing, it did both characters no favours.

• Members

Submitted drama series for the 2006 Emmy's...

Drama Series

ATWT #1: (June 8, 2005)

ATWT #2: (July 11, 2005)

GH #1: (November 4, 2005)

GH#2: (November 8, 2005)

GL#1: (May 27, 2005)

GL#2: (November 28, 2005)

Y&R#1: (May 24, 2005)

Y&R#2: (December 13, 2005)

• Members

How can Susan LeMay be 17 yrs old today if she was several years older than Lizzie when she last appeared in Springfield? I recently watched an old GL clip when Lizzie had Leukemia in which Susan and her then sister, Lizzie (Beth was married to Jim at the time, performed a song and dance number. It was quite obvious that Susan was much older than Lizzie. :blink: They want GLers to believe Harley never ages. She is in her 40s for crying out loud, and had Susan/Daisy (in Sept. 1987?) when she was a late teen?

Don't forget that Leah Bauer was born well after Daisy, but now is almost older that Daisy.

GL's Extreme SORASing & deSORASing (on the part of WKS)

Character/Year of Birth On-Screen

Henry Cooper "Coop" Bradshaw- Christmas 1994

Harley Davidson Cooper Aitoro- She was 17 in Sept. 1987

Gus Aitoro-Feb. 24 1970

Buzz Cooper-Jan. 24 ?

Frank Cooper-Feb. 1 ?

Zach Spaulding- Aug. 2 1999

Jude Cooper-Oct. 12 2001

Leah Bauer-Mar. 30 2004

Dr. Rick Bauer-Aug. 18 1970

Marina Cooper-May 8 1993

Susan LeMay-Sept. 1987

Billy- Mar. 27 ?

Marah Lewis- June 1987

Shayne Lewis- Feb. 19 1990

Dinah Marler-1970

Blakes twins- Fall 1996

Beth Raines Spaulding- Originally Mar. 16 1965, changed to Feb.14 1961

Holly Reade-Dec. 7 1952

Matt- was 25 in 1994

Alan Spaulding- July 11 1937

Alan Michael Spaulding- Sept. 23 1981

Lizzie Spaulding -Thanksgiving 1990

Phillip Spaulding -April 1969

Olivia Spencer- Feb. 28 ?

Blake Thorpe Marler- July 9 1975

Cassie Shayne Winslow- Sept. 30 ?

Roger Joshua "R.J." Jessup- Dec. 24 1998

Tammy Layne Winslow- 1990

Michelle- Nov. 4 1985

Bill Lewis- Nov. 1984

• Members

Yes, I admit, David Kreizman desverves a THOUSAND lashings for literally effing up the Springfield Kids Timeline. I'd of thought of a way to integrate Susan Lemay into the Coop age bracket with maybe another new character or recast. But, unfortunately, I'm not head-writer of the show(or is that Fortunately?! LOL).

• Members

Where is the great love story b/w Johnathan & Tammy? These last few weeks have seemed like nothing more than a torrid affair. What man has sex with his mistress right outside the front door? Jon and Tammy have always been an incestuous romp-festing couple. WKS may be paying homage to Bradley's Bell's mantra: The beds in L.A. must always be kept warm :lol::angry:

Well, both portrayers will soon exit GL. :D

Will Johnathan fake his death & take Sarah from Lizzie? Will Alan raise Sarah?

Wasn't it typical for Tammy and Cassie to discuss Tammy's plans for sneaking around to screw her married cousin? They were all smiles about Tammy's slutty extramarital affair. Just the thing for the Winslow mother & daughter tramps to be discussing. I just can't imagine a real conversation like that between parent and child. Now it is time for Beth and Lizzie to sit down and discuss their mother/daughter slut moments. They could talk about how they beg men for sex (Rick and Johnathan).

• Members

I agree with bellcurve and SpritualJunkie. I don't post often anymore, but I still read the posts regularly, and I usually agree with what both of you say about the show.

GL isn't perfect right now: I think there are too many good or decent story ideas that are wasted with what seems like lazy writing. More and more stories/characters are being isolated, continuity and pace are off, storylines are forgotten for weeks/months and picked up again without explaination etc etc.

But having said that, I still feel that Wheeler and Kreizman are trying to save this show. I'm not sure if it's interferance from CBS or P&G, or if Kreizman's lack of HW experience is finally showing, but while their hearts are in it, it's not always translating on-screen. I think it's time that Wheeler bites the bullet and finds a new head writer. She's given Kreizman too much fee reign. The Inside the Lights need to go. Special episodes are good, but too many ITL have sacrificed weeks of story exposition to make on hour of television.

BTW, I can't understand why Wheeler would be criticised for supporting the show that she works for. She may have her faults, but she's always been seen as an "actor's producer". She was excited for GL's actors and for GL itself. That's something she should be complimented for.

• Members

It is just another way for the GL haters to voice their "whine and cheese" and their feelings for GL. They can not accept that a new day has dawned with soaps in general and they long for the days of big budgets and getting anything they wanted.

Those days are long gone. Every soap is going through or will be going through what GL has over the last two years....but since they were first, they are getting the brunt of the negativity.

If CBS is satisified with what is being done and the shows stays on the air because of it, then I am a happy man. GL still entertains me, the actors still impress me. While not every story is what I think it could be, if I wanted to change it, I think I would apply for a job and fix it......why aren't the naysayers getting off their desk chair and computer and doing that? If they know what would be so good for the show...stand up already and do something about it instead of complaining and tearing the show down on a message board.

Archived