Weekend Hangout Thread

Ryan

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope no one has to go through what we in New Orleans went through during and after Hurricane Katrina--leaving your city for months & coming back to nothing. It's still not "normal" to this day.

THAT BEING said....how UNFRIKIENBELIevable that PRESIDENT Bush did NOTTTTTTTTTT mention Gulf Coast recovery in his State of the Union address.

I mean, it's not like Katrina was the WORST NATURAL DISASTER in UNITED STATES HISTORY. Because it WAS DAMNIT!

• Members

Just got back from a suite-warming party. Lots of rum (from the Caribbean). Yum yum yum!!

I need to go on detox soon. Last night, I totally smoked it up in my room and it smelled so bad. :lol: W/ zero degree weather, it's kind of impossible to air out the room.

I'm totally going to the Gulf Coast for spring break though. I'm looking forward to it, even though it will be hard work. We're driving down to DC on March 17th to protest the anniversary of the war in Iraq, and then driving down to Mississippi (??) to help w/ whatever needs to be done (building houses, etc.)

The whole situation there is such a travesty. The government (esp. the Bush administration) should be ashamed of themselves for what they did (or rather, didn't do) to help the victims.

• Members

I hate it when you think an issue is dead and buried and then someone mentions it again, temper start flaring, and feelings (most always) get hurt...

Didn't do anything this weekend. Had my heart set on coming back home, but it's more boring here than back at those ****** *********** *****-******** dorms!!

• Members

Living in dorms can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

I mean, I like to party and talk to people, but sometimes it's like, "AAH! Shut the [!@#$%^&*] up!!" Especially when it's 3 in the morning on school nights. Somehow people always migrate to my end of the hall b/c it's in the corner and there's this open area by the staircase.

Archived