DAYS: Friday

• Members

Well..Days has been rockin! I have totally given up on the other soaps. Just days now.

As for Mimi, I like FF as Mimi. I have always liked this character because she has had a hard life and not everything has been given to her. She's not a Brady, with their close family ties nor a Horton with the money and professional titles and great standing in Salem.

I don't know why this character got the shaft with crappy SLs. She was sacrificed on the altar of Shawn and Belle (for no real reason..IMO) instead if keeping their friendship between the four.

I loved Rex and Mimi. They were so cute and both actors had great chemistry but JERk ruined that with the Abortion SL.

I knew Shawn and Mimi wouldn't last. You would break the Days golden rule of keeping "supercouples" together. Belle and Shawn are "supercouples" and everyone knows that they wouldnt last being broken up.

Now we have Max and Mimi. I'm not too thrilled for this pairing because I think Mimi will "get the shaft" again..this time for Abby.

I like Abby..Today,she reminded me of Laura "Half-Pint" Ingalls, when she told Max "I'M A WOMAN!" LOL...That same line was used as Laura tried to get Almanzo to notice her.

I think Abby's too young to have a "supercouple suitor" already in place for her. I think they need to bring in a guy thats has some "Jack" qualities. Max is too level-headed, and so is Abby. Maybe Conner????

I have always thought that Mimi and Phillip pairing would be interesting, but I didnt like KB as Phil. Now that Jay has come back and they have this surrogate SL in the back-burner, well there are definite possibilities for these two! I just hope that FF comes back and that Hogan doesn't "dump" the SL.

Liz

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have been absolutely in love with this show during the past month and it just keeps getting better and better. Love the references to histories and not just as token nods and comments but in the actions and personalities of the characters. I am also constandly amazed at just how good the actors can be now that they have something good to work with. Actors that I loved before are now blowing me away with their talent.

The sore spot for me is the Max/Mimi storyline. I don't understand how Mimi can be so quick to have sex with Brady man #3 so soon after losing the man she supposedly loved for ever. Before anyone shoots back that Shawn did the same with his hooker, let me say its completely different. We are supposed to believe that Max/Mimi are falling in love while it was pretty clear with Shawn and the hooker, he liked having a bedmate and that was about it.

I'm also not buying that Mimi is going to be recast. Notice the studio hasn't said a thing about that :unsure:

• Members

The show just gets better every day. The characters interact with more than one person and the storylines are intersecting. Steve and Kayla as the ones to intercede with Belle and Shawn made perfect sense given their history. Gotta love that they are doing their homework and using the rich history Days has and weaving it into the stories going on now. Belle broke my heart telling Claire it was going to be okay. Brandon was slow out of the gate but I am really starting to like him in the role of Shawn D now. He and Martha will do well with this story. Victor of old is back and that is great. He is a character I love to hate.

• Members

I'm still in awe over how good this show is! FINALLY when "big" things aren't happening, THINGS are happening! This is how DAYS should be!! I still don't believe that Victor pulled that off and that it is that possible but it was amazing because I actually felt for Belle and Shawn, like everyone said they are acting out of the wazoo. Amazing! I love everything about this show. The Bonnie and Billie scenes were awesome too but I am still afraid that the end is near for Billie and am afraid to enjoy her. I hope we find out soon that she is staying!

BTW, whatever happened to the "BIG STAR" that was being fired??

• Members

I've actually been able to tolerate Mimi and Fath alot more with Hogan's writing. But IA, either Fath steps it up (the acting from everyone is top notch) or find a "younger" actress for Mimi to make her fit in more.

• Members

Yeah I wanted to know what happened with that too. I am guessing Judi was the big star or did someone misunderstand and think Drake was let go based on John being near-death? I am wondering if maybe the news leaked out on purpose by virtue of TPTB somehow so people would buy that John may die or something.

Plus, we were told half the writing staff was let go yet most, if not all of them, are still there. I know they added some new writers recently but SLG and others are still on staff and have been writing.

I wonder what is up? :unsure:

• Members

No, this news came out about a week or two after that from the same person that revealed that RJ and Shayna Rose were fired. The person was being secretive.

This is the thread where it was discussed and the person said that the one being fired was an "icon".

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=13332

Maybe the show realized that they were just firing so many people that fans didn't want to hear about another firing or maybe the person is safe now...

Archived