DAYS: Thursday

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Great episode.

I have decided that Farah Fath should never play a 'cutesy' scene with a child again. That was traumatizing.

I can't stand Mimi's half of the couple, but I adore Darin Brooks' Max being romantic, and funny, and wonderful. More please.

The custody battle is heating up.

I'm disappointed that the skeleton wasn't on today, or at least it's storyline, lol.

• Members

I am really indifferent about the episode.

I agree that Mimi was not all cutesy as she thought she was.

I found it difficult to believe Mimi would still call Belle her best friend, or Shawn being ready to put the past behind them. That just confused me. Oh well, at least we don't have to deal with that anymore.

I am really getting excited for the custody battle to begin and the story behind Steve's connection to this tarot card.

Oh, and doodlebug Brady, I like it.

• Members

Mimi was definitely "off" today. Whether it was Farah preoccupied or Mimi was supposed to be totally knocked off kelter due to Patrick's arrest and situation and everything she has been through last couple of days, who knows. My thoughts about Shawn apologizing and Mimi mentioning "her best friend Belle" is to get them back in sync....only Max replaces Philip in the quad and Shawn has a job.

Steve is really bugging me. This story has got to advance.

Bo and Hope need to name their baby. Doodlebug is cute, but gee whiz, guys, she's your first daughter and that's the best you have to offer her for life LOL. I really look forward to how the naming works out, though.

I hope the John story is leading to something interesting because if it's just the astral projection love series mentioned, that won't be worth it for me. Show me something new.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

• Members

LMAO at Kayla holding Bo and Hope's daughter. Had that been a real child, the head definitely would've popped off! :lol:

Finally, Farah Fath has someone on her acting level to play off of. Unfortunately, the White twins upstage her :P

• Members

Today's show put me to sleep, literally. I wasn't even intrested in Mimi and Max and I LOVE them. I think the reason the show was a dud to me is because I'm not a "super couple" fan and the show had Bo and Hope, Steve and Kayla, and Marlena and John (even though he didn't talk) And the "super couple-in-the-making", Shawn and Belle. Super couples do NOTHING for me.

• Members

I like the couples and still thought today was boring. We've got the message already--"devil" triggers something in Steve. Move on. And John's in a coma but is reacting to Steve. Move on. And someone is stalking baby Claire for custody purposes. Move on.

I think I'm just in a bad mood today.

• Members

We sure are seeing a new side of Marlena as of late. My mother brought this up yesterday. To her, Marlena seems a little off, different. My mother doesn't think that she's Marlena. Obviously, my mother has no idea that Reilly is no longer writing DAYS. But I started noticing that we are seeing a "new" Marlena. As someone that grew up watching Reilly's Marlena, I never saw Marlena with true emotions. Sure, Dee sprouted those tears from time to time, but Marlena was always the rock of Salem and barely ever showed emotion if it wasn't necessary. This version then fell onto SSM, Brodderick, Langan, B&C and Higley. Marlena was the voice of reason. She was as emotional as a wooden door. Marlena is acting as any concerned wife would if a doctor was telling her that her husband is brain dead and there is a slim to none chance of recovery.

• Members

I understand that everyone's definition of boring is different, but I can't see how people are thinking the show is boring, even today's episode. There is story movement. Steve has been checked out and was cleared of all injuries. Shawn got his job back and mended his friendship with Mimi. The photographer snapped a shot at Mimi "endangering" Claire. Hope suggested Marlena counsel Steve.

The movement is there. It's just more real and not what DAYS fans are used to seeing. This is a real soap opera, people. Adjust! :lol:

• Members

Really? Have you been watching long? Because this is the real Marlena to me. This is who Marlena was in the 70s and 80s. Sassy, strong and she's ready to kick ass if she needs to.

She's all feisty and sassy fighting for the man she loves. She doesn't just know him, she knows him. Love that she's not letting anyone take him somewhere that he'll be stashed away and just "another one". Awesome! And her quiet speech about just giving her a sign? Beautiful.

• Members

Random thoughts on the ep before reading everyone else's:

Farah Fath has gone back to playing Mimi as whiny. I know Mimi has reason to whine but somehow it just doesn't work on her. It's like nails on a chalkboard for me. Even worse, FF seems to be sleepwalking through her scenes again. She had a totally flat affect today. She might as well have been reading from cue cards.

Max doesn't do a lot for me, but he does have a nice cool casual flirty thing going that I think will work great with the right onscreen partner.

The little girl who plays Claire is just the most adorable, happy little baby! I love her happy litle babbling. I just want to squish her.

Love having the Bo & Hope sparkle back. They're just so great together.

Loved Steve's slow mosey back to Kayla and the big kiss 'n' dip . Swoon!

Adored the Bo/Hope/Kayla scenes. They really have wonderful "family" chemistry.

The platic doll/blanket baby thing is ridiculous looking. No one looks natural holding it.

Really loved Kayla opening up to Hope about what she and Steve are feeling right now. It helps explain a lot about why Steve hasn't been fighting heaven and earth to figure out who ripped him away from his family. If I were him, I'd be scared of what I did during those missing years too. Really loved Kayla's "There is nothing from his past that I won't defend or forgive."

Poor Steve. I think he's gonna be ripped apart before it's over.

• Members

This made me laugh because it's what I'm usually yelling at my computer when I'm reading everyone else's complaints. And today I was the complainer! I think it's just my mood, seriously. But give me a break, because I've watched--and loved--this soap for almost 35 years!

As for Marlena being "different" (according to some), I think she's just acting human again. She was a robot for years, and now she gets to actually experience emotions. I would be very surprised if this isn't the "real" Marlena as a few people have speculated.

Archived