2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Administrator

Has the president of a network (daytime or primetime) even been credited for writing an episode? I mean this is unheard of. Did Barbara had nothing better to do that day?

Barbara calling Lynn: "Hey Lynn, it's Babs. I have some free time today so I was wondering if I can write an episode, a breakdown...something."

Welcome back, GladGirl!! You've been missed. The more people talking about soap writers, the better. LOL

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

B&E's final PC team

Marla Kanelos - currently at AMC

Casandra Morgan - last at GL

Paul Phillips - last at GL (I think)

Hannah Shearer - last at DAYS

Mike Cohen - currently at DAYS

Karen Harris - currently at GH

Brett Cobb - don't think he wrote for another soap after PC

Donna Swajeski - currently at GL

Jodie Scholz - currently at DAYS

• Administrator

I agree that Harris' talents are being wasted as script writer. She's had two awesome stints as Co-HW (first at GH in '96 and then at PC in 2000). She deserves the chance to be HW again.

• Members

I highly doubt it, because he has no head-writing experience or soap writing experience outside of OLTL. Because of this, he hasn't worked with a greater amount of other writers from other shows. He may add a few breakdown writers here and there, but I don't see him revolutionizing the entire writing staff.

• Administrator

Mike Denney who worked his way up to be one of Y&R's main directors hasn't directed since May 9. Could he be gone too? If he's gone, he's just another long time crew member to leave. Lethal Lynn strikes again? It's almost like Lynn and Barbra Bloom are trying to get rid of everyone who worked their way up under Bill Bell.

Archived