AMC: SOD 2007 Previews

• Members

http://p206.ezboard.com/fbabeandbiancafanf...picID=888.topic

NO GOOD-BYE FOR AMC'S BARR

On November 14, 2006, over 30 years after taking on the role of Brooke, two-time Daytme Emmy winner Julia Barr taped her final episodes of AMC [which will air today]. But here's the rub: She didn't know until the show allowed her contract to run out in late December without scheduling further tape datesfor her that that was, indeed, her last day at work.

Just prior to the expiration of Barr's contract, SOD asked McTavish about an exit story for Brooke. McTavish demurred, "Not right now ... She exits, we just didn't do a big story ... We wanted her to stay recurring and we're very sorry she felt she couldn't do that." On when she'd last air, "whenever her contract is up." [ugh!]

Says a co-star, "I had no idea. We had a cake and made speeches on Terri's last day, on Connie's last day, and they hadn't been there nearly as long. I can't imagine that after 30 years on the show they wouldn't give her the same courtesy and respect they give everybody else on their last day." [Word!]

The article quotes some of Barr's newsletter to fans about her exit, Cady's blog on Julia's exit.

VCR ALERT

Tad uncovers the secret that Zach has been keeping on Tuesday, January 2. This means fans will finally get answers about the identity of the woman in white who has been haunting his dreams, who just may hold the key to tracking down the serial killer stalking thw women of Fusion.

CASTING ABOUT/GRAPEVINE

AMC's serial killer will be responsible for more Pine Valley deaths. How many? "I'm not telling," teases Head Writer Megan McTavish.

ALL MY CHILDREN 2007 PREVIEW

"It is a very full and emotional and compelling time as we roll into 2007," smiles Head Writer Megan McTavish.

THE SERIAL KILLER: "It gets scarier. It gets bigger. We ultimately do find out who [the murderer] is. Aidan and Di get involved; Jack is brought in as the special prosecuter; Ryan and Tad get thrown in, too."

ZACH/KENDALL: The killings "lead to not only a dangerous showdown for Zach and Kendall, buy something that taps his emotions as well in a sense. It is [about] Zach coming to terms with his past."

TAD/DIXIE: "You're going to see new feelings between Tad and Dixie - and an instinctive connection between Tad, Dixie and this little girl [Kathy/Kate]. The child's true identity will be revealed, "but I won't say when."

JAMIE/JULIA: "She falls in love with this child, Jamie's little sister... The whole unwinding of how this comes out will be fascinating, with ironic twists and turns."

JR/BABE/JOSH: "We'll know in the new year if JR can really forgive Babe. We'll know if Babe is right to choose JR over Josh."

ADAM/KRYSTAL: The truth that Tad got Krystal pregnant will be out. "It's going to come out of nowhere [and] many exciting fireworks are going to happen when it does."

JACK/ERICA/JEFF: "We have a surprise coming in that just might throw a cork into the whole triangle" - in the form of "someone out audience knows and will like."

[barbara, obviously.]

RYAN/ANNIE: "There's real chemistry and sexual attraction igniting, [but] when Ryan finds out he's Emma's father, will it draw them closer together or push them apart?

ZARF/BIANCA: "Zarf's layers peel off. You'll see a more realistic Zarf as she comes out [as a woman], It is a story of love - friendship, love, but mainly love of self, and it takes Bianca on an emotional journey as well."

MAGGIE'S RETURN: "She comes to ask Bianca to come back [to her]. There is certainly hope for that: tell the 'BAM' fans."

JONATHAN/AMANDA: "He's starting to have feelings for Amafa, but his rage over Erin's death scares him. You will see Jack reach out to Jonathan in a wonderful way."

THE WILDWIND GANG: "They become a family, Aidan and Di and Jamie and Julia and Del and Amanda and Jonathan. They are very involved when Julia brings her little girl home."

THE TEENS: "The surprise I have in store for Jack and Erica will impact [on] them. You'll see them dealing more with real issues, not Sweet 16."

A [NOT SO] GOOD YEAR [They interview an actor (about their character) from every show]

Dixie Cooney Martin (Cady McClain)

Her biggest mistake?

"Sneaking around for so long when she came back, not just coming out and saying, 'Look, I'm here, I screwed up.' I suppose thinking she could get Zach away from Kendall was a pretty big mistake, too. I thought I was going to have my guts eaten by the 'Zendall' fans [laughs]!"

What did she do right?

"Mending her relationship with JR and, at the end of the year, her relationship with Tad. That speaks to Dixie's evolution, to her coming full circle to realizing how much she loves her family and how important it is that they know that. She and Tad, for better or worse, even if they're not in a relationship, they're still family. Even Adam is family."

Okay there's about 6 more question here, she's mostly going on about her enjoyment of working with Thorsten/Zach [Her answer to the most fun she had playing Dixie this year]. And Dixie's 2007 resolution, "I'd say, 'No more running away and thinking that's how to deal with your problems.' And, 'It's okay to love someone and not live with them!' And senisble footwear, definitely."

LETTERS

A pro-Zarf letter.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am actually really excited by all of these previews. The show in my mind has turned over a new leaf as of late and its entertaining and showcasing AMC's true core values of love, family and friendship.... IMO. I am looking forward to the new year.

• Members

The Julia Barr stuff is just sick. I tended to defend Carruthers but I have lost all respect for her now. She was apparently so nervous and felt so bad having to tell Connie Fletcher she was being written out. Meanwhile Barr gets no respect whatsoever.

I have to hand it to Frons though, I think overall his efforts at "training" the audiences are working. Never would I have thought something like this could happen and barely a mention of it. The best actress to ever grace daytime television, and one of the most important characters in AMC's history just vanished into nothingness.....but hey they played a nice song during the opening scenes so all is forgiven.

Megan's comments are just cold. "Whenever her contract is up" What a b*tch. They had her for one more month but ditched her early!

Archived