2006 Billboard Music Awards featuring

DaysFanJean

• Members

http://www.realitytvmagazine.com:80/blog/2...billboard_.html

December 05, 2006

2006 Billboard Music Awards - Carrie Underwood Wins Five

American Idol 4 Winner Carrie Underwood cleaned up at the 2006 Billboard Music Awards. Carrie Underwood won a total of five awards: Album of the Year for “Some Hearts,” Country Album of the Year for "Some Hearts," Female Billboard 200 Album Artist of the Year, Female Country Artist of the Year, and New Country Artist of the Year.

Big & Rich and American Idol judge Paula Abdul presented Carrie Underwood her award for Album of the Year. After receiving the award, Carrie Underwood said “This is not only incredible for me, but this is incredible for country music. I want to thank God, I want to thank the fans of course, I want to thank each and every artist that’s out there tonight putting out great music, you guys are awesome, and you’re making the world a better place. So thank everybody at my label Arista, everybody at 19 Management, of course American Idol, just all you guys rock, thank you.”

Two other former American Idol contestants also made an appearance on the 2006 Billboard Music Awards as presenters. American Idol 5 contestants Katharine McPhee & Chris Daughtry presented the award for Rock Album of the Year. Katharine McPhee also gave Chris Daughtry props for having the number one rock album in the country today.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived