Days: Another person is going to be fired..

• Members

Like Deidre Hall (Marlena) or hate her, she IS Days of our Lives. She is the biggest icon on this show right now. Each soap has them (Susan Lucci, Erika Slezack, Kim Zimmer, Eric Braedon, Tony Geary). Her charact may be disliked, but when you think of Days of our Lives, you think of Marlena.

And I don't think JER was the best writer since Shakespare. :rolleyes:

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think the only reason why wardrobe lady used the word "icon" was b/c I asked her specifically whether it was one of the icons and I used the initials of whom I considered the icons of the show were (Drake, Deirdre, Peter and Kristian).

Wardrobe lady also said that the announcement would be huge. I took that to mean huge fan reaction b/c that was one of the questions I also asked her. Given fan reaction last time around when James Reynold and Suzanne Rogers were fired during the SSK storyline, I don't think that fan reaction to their firings would be huge. No, I think it's one of the 4 people that I listed as icons. On the Todays' board, someone mentioned that Drake's contract cycle ends in January, so it might be him. Who knows?

Also, I don't understand why people assume that Ken Corday is trying to save this show from cancellation. Maybe he just made a deal with NBC to renew Days for another year or 2 and then he and NBC want out of daytime soaps all together? If NBC/Corday do plan to cancel Days, I hope that the show goes off with a bang. They could resolve all the outstanding stories like Steve's return, origins of the Dimera-Brady feud and resolve John's identity once and for all. I guess we'll find out from wardrobe lady in another couple of days one way or another.....

• Members

I think that no matter what happens, ABC would get Days because Frons is very anxious to get Days. But, on topic, if Days is indeed canceled, I think Alfonso will be the next cut and soon after Reckell, meaning Bo, Hope, and their child will probably ride off into the sunset and we might not ever see them again..

And I don't think Drake will be the one axed, because if Days is gonna cancel, Hogan and Corday will finish off his identity.

• Members

Well, there was that spoiler a while back where Hogie said that Marlena loses John and doesn't know how to get him back. Also, remember that dialogue with Roman and Sami, after Marlena jumped out of the plane and Sami was yelling at John for losing Marlena? I believe that Sami was starting to become remorseful of what she said to John and Roman chided her that she should be careful of what she says to people b/c you never know when you are going to lose them.....

Someone's already mentioned the dream that Marlena had. Plus, Marlena's dialogue has been mostly about her fear of losing John.

Also, I remember in one of the early interviews, Hogan said that he planned to make Marlena the matriarch of the show. I don't know. He didn't say that he planned to make John and Marlena the patriarch and matriarch of the show just Marlena the matriarch of the show.

I really don't know. But I'm not discounting anyone even if it includes Drake, Deirdre, Peter or Kristian. The only reason not to include them in speculation is if you make the assumption that Ken Corday/NBC would not want the huge fan uproar and would want to keep Days on the air. I'm not going to make that assumption so it really leaves all options on the table....

I don't think any one is safe if I'm reading wardrobe lady's replies to my question right.....

• Members

darraholic, I wasn't implying that you did. You made that comment to Rion, one that I agreed with. You said that he "also thought Reilly was a good writer". I was just saying that I thought the same thing I don't think Reilly's a good writer.

And King, I'm just saying that when I hear the word icon, I instantly think of Deidre Hall or Kristian Alfonso. James Reynolds does NOT come into my mind.

• Members

I hope it is James Reynolds. I can't stand Abe! Getting rid of some of the other ones mentioned (Peter, Kristian, Deidre, etc) would be a BIG mistake. I personally wouldn't care if it was Deidre, but she has A LOT of fans and I think they would quit watching if she was gone.

Archived