Days: Another person is going to be fired..

• Members

If its Kate, I will be pissed.

If its Abe, I will be angry but I will understand it.

I honestly think it's Abe. We all see Kate as huge but alot of people don't. Abe has been on the show far longer. We'll see but I can't them getting rid of Bryan, Ali, Dedire, Drake, Peter, or Kristian. I would think even Corday knows that would be a bad idea.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Like it or not, Kate has a LOT of fans, and yes, there will be an uproar if she is canned. I will be part of it.

Just bring back Vivian and re-ignite the Kate/Vivian feud. Both actresses lit up the screen playing our their hatred for each other.

On another note, Bryan Datillo isn't guaranteed safe. After all, he was fired before.

Ali Sweeney is a keeper. She's not going anywhere until she wants to leave herself.

Besides, she's Hogan's "Katie". And he adored Katie.

• Members

Oh I am with you Shawn. I love Lauren but I don't see her as an icon. That is why I kind of think it's not her.

Abe has been there for years and is a beloved cast member and father figure too many in the cast. There was some uproar when he was fired the first time so I wouldn't be surprised.

The problem here is that this isn't up to Hogan. If it were, Kate and Lexie would be safe and so would Abe. This is Corday and whoever else is enforcing the cuts and I am really worried about what is coming.

• Members

Yeah, I know that KC is pulling the strings behind the scenes.

Realistically, if it has to be done to keep the show on the air, so be it.

Obviously, I could live without Doc and Eyebrow, but even I know that they won't be going anywhere anytime soon.

I could see Peter Reckell going though, adding to my list of "suspected victims". He makes a LOT of money I'm sure. Would make sense to fire him and get back Robert Kelker Kelley in a move that would be a reverse of 1995.

It really can go in any direction, and because of that, I feel the same as you PR.

• Members

It would be insanity for them to axe any one of the big six or Ali/Bryan. There's only so much negative buzz a show can take...they cannot afford to alienate another huge fanbase. It would also put another dent in Hogan's credibility since he has promised that those 8 will be central to the show.

Koslow going would be a shock but they could probably recover from it.

The only others who might fall into the "icon" category are Reid (who is obviously safe), Rogers, Reynolds or McCay. None of their characters are "major", though.

• Members

Ponz I am glad you brought up the vets. They may not be major but they are icons and I guess can be seen as major given their years on the show. I would be pissed if it were Maggie but with the Mickey situation the way it is could they possibly send Maggie away with an MIA Mickey?

I wonder if Frank Parker is considered in line with this thinking too. I don't see him as an icon but he has been around for awhile so that could be seen as major. This is all too much to even think about.

• Members

YES. haha. But really, I can't see DAYS doing that. She hasn't been on the show more than a few years, she can't be costing them that much. Plus she's a huge part of the future of this show, I just can't see that happening.

I too am starting to wonder about Maggie.....would save them from confronting the Mickey problem by getting someone to play him...just send Maggie off with him. Yeah I'd be disappointed with this, but if it was Maggie instead of Kate, J/M, B/H, I'd be ok. She could always come back for the holidays, just wouldnt cost the show as much as now while she's on contract.

• Members

I don't think Nick and Abby would prevent them from cutting Abby. I think Nick is short-term (Hogan mentioned tragic when talking about his story with Chelsea) and Abby could always go live with Alice.

The only thing is Hogan said he was rebuilding the Horton's but he isn't controlling the cuts so we'll see.

Good point GBB. Roman is an icon character but with Taylor in the role he has lost some status. I guess it would unexpected given his relatonship with Corday but I don't know if I call Roman major.

Archived