Days: Another person is going to be fired..

• Members

Sami - an icon? Not in my book. Daughter of one, but not one.

DH is the first one that strikes me when people write "icon", but there's also the fact that she JUST signed a new contract, and Corday's shown his desperation to keep her before.

And this poster may have a different idea of "icon" than I do. Could be Maggie and Abe too. Maggie might be considered an icon.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's Abe. Kate has too much connections to certain people and could even become Helena Cassadine-esque. She's too important, with Philip about to return as well as the Kate/Billie/Chelsea dynamic, Kate's past with Victor and not to mention her relationship with Sami. There's so much to be explored with her, at worst I'd say they'd put her on recurring.

I think it will be Abe, Maggie or Shawn Sr or Caroline, someone who's pivotal but yet not on much for the amount they make.

• Members

I agree with those that think it might be Abe, Kate, or Maggie. I know I'm in the minority, but I would MUCH rather Koslow go than a lot of others. JER just ruined Kate for me, and she hasn't been the same even since he left. I just hope to God it's not any of Bo/Hope/John/Marlena/Steve/Kayla/Lucas/Sami, because at this point, I'm not sure DAYS could recover from yet another alienated fanbase (damn them!).

• Members

Abe.

It has to be someone everyone on the set has an idea about. It sounds like things are swirling around the set. And people are going to see this one coming/kind of already know.

So, it shouldn't a shock to us either.

It's Abe.

It's "huge" because he is a vet and because he is NOW the last African American actor on the show. IMO. Everything adds up. Like rumors of Lexie being killed now being rumors of her leaving town....it's Reynolds.

• Members

I think it is (SADLY) going to be Lauren Koslow. Marlena's line this week, "that would be a fatal mistake" was such a prelude to it (like what else is!?), it's not even funny.

I don't think Koslow should be fired, nor should she go. Yes, Kate would make for interesting exit storyline but she has become a mainstay in DAYS over the past 10 years. If it is anyone "bigger" than Koslow than I seriously think DAYS has to re-evaluate its plans and its future.

• Members

I mentioned this in another post, Ridge, but I don't think it's any of the Big Six or Ali/Bryan. NBC knows if one of the Big Six was fired, you'd have longtime fans deserting the show like the Titanic. It'd be like SSK all over again when longtime actors were "let go". I don't think even Ken Corday is that dumb to try and do something twice.

If it's Lauren, then someone missed the boat. The ideal time to write her off would have been a few months back, when the extent of her plotting came out. Damn, you'd have had 20 suspects for her murder and one helluva storyline. If it's James, then write out Renee and James together.

I don't have any inside knowledge, but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to recognize when a great soap would be utterly destroyed by letting go of a big actor or actress.

• Members

I don't think DAYS has to re-evaluate itself only because of the letting go of big actresses/actors, but also because NONE of its storyline show any promise and the show isn't headed into a "solid" direction so far.

I agree sungrey too, the best time for a Kate exit would have been then.

Archived