AMC spoiler from yahoo news...

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think McTavish is a strong enough writer to pull this off either. If someone else would be writing the show, then maybe I would be more interested in the storyline. And it is a shame the show is resorting to a shocking stunt to boost ratings instead of getting to the root of the problem, the bad, bad, bad writing. That is one of the reasons AMC is tanking so badly right now.

• Members

OMG, how desperate is AMC? Saying that, id love to see a storyline like this if the show had GOOD WRITING. The FACT that it DOES NOT makes me feel like this is a terrible idea. Its a highly sensitive subject and when AMC [!@#$%^&*] it up i really think it could be the END.

• Members

I agree, DruRocks. I've already programmed my VCR. AMC, beginning Thursday, is just GOING to be Must See TV. If this were "American Idol," Simon would say the singer picked the perfect song choice for their voice, and that's the case with this story. It is PERFECT for AMC. It would ONLY work for AMC. Possibly OLTL but AMC, out of all the current soaps, is the only one that it perfectly goes with. I'm so excited just thinking about it! Zarf is such a cool name, the character looks so campy and over-the-top...I can't wait!!

Sorry, if anything, this story will save the show. like DruRocks said, it will totally rejuvenate the show. This is just the shot in the arm AMC needs. oooooooohhh, can't wait!!! :wub:

• Members

A couple of good things that I notice, though. There were no quotes from McTavish so I wonder if she is even has a hand in this story. And Carruthers gave the indication that AMC will tank the story if the fan reaction is bad.

ETA: Also Bianca getting away from Josh and not just being around to kiss the Walking fetus' ass make this story appealing as well.

• Members

I hope you don't really believe that -- that they'll change direction of the story based on fan reaction. I'm no expert on AMC but I notice that several have spoken out about the abortion undoing (which I support, by the way), but the show has not touched that story. Remember the much ado over the 'filmed look?' Well, of course you do, because the filmed look is still there, despite much criticism. (I like that too by the way). So this shouldn't be any different. They'll probably go full steam ahead no matter what. But I think you can't lose with a story like this...can't wait!

• Members

It's one thing to introduce a transgendered character. It's quite another to pair a post-op female with a lesbian. What's the problem with just giving Bianca a regular old female love interest? I find it more than a little insulting and exploitative. I would applaud a tg character in the right place, for the right reasons, in a story all their own. But this just seems like an excuse to have Bianca paired with a male actor, and titillate and shock a largely conservative audience.

• Members

I was dreading the Zarf/Bianca story but after reading the article and finding out more about it I am actually looking forward to it. This with the serial killer might get me to keep watching and give the FFWD button on my Tivo a much needed rest.

Archived