OLTL: Pretty Big Casting Rumor

• Members

http://p087.ezboard.com/fforbiddenfrm16.sh...41&stop=159

NEW ROLE: Rumor has it that popular soap vet HUNT BLOCK has been approached to play new mystery man Miles on One Life to Live. Sources say it's a big role tied to an important character from the past. They were just in the talking stages at press time, but insiders say that the chance to work with Jerry verDorn (Clint) again would be a real plus for Block (they played brothers on GL). "He's one of the finest guys around," Block has said.

(SOW)

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm surprised they are talking to someone in that age range -- but that would be a huge clue as to who the rumored surprise exit is. There was a showfax script a while back for 'Miles Lawrence', Mitch's OTHER younger brother (ummm, Dena, guess what.....THIS one's been done before too - under your predecessor Malone. Ask TSJ about it if Valentini won't tell you. )

Does this mean Spencer could be reaching the end of his story? It couldn't happen any too soon for one of the worst-written villains. I don't see them keeping two villains in the age range.

It usually irks me when someone tries to pair up a character before they are onscreen, but the age in this case more than raises my eyebrows. They are cutting women in that age range. Will they try to pair him with Blair? They are already giving her a coma story. I doubt it would be St. Evangeline or nuMarty. Viki and Dorian will be sparring over Clint. If Spencer is out would they try to keep Paige? (wait, I answered my own question). They couldn't be much clearer about HBS/Nora out the door. Lindsay is already recurring although there is unfinished business with Mitch and family. I don't expect to see Roxy much longer after an upcoming interview.

At least Miles Lawrence's agenda seems likely to have more legs than Spencers. He enters the canvas with potential conflict with Todd, Blair, Viki, Dorian and Jess, and even a loose one with John McBain (Flynn/Walker).

• Members

It seems they are doing a LOT of casting. Apparently they even have a temp Michael McBain while Nathaniel Marston takes a few days off.

CB may well have been auditioning for Miles Lawrence. I read somewhere that TSJ originally auditioned for Kevin Buchanan. Beteem seems more in the age range specified for Miles - he is incredibly young looking if he is indeed 37. It seems old to be mixing it up with MG and JPL (and supposedly Cole/Starr?) HB seems actually slightly old for the range reported for Miles Lawrence, and for OLTL's current hiring trends.

• Members

With Chris Beetem joining ONE LIFE and now possibly Hunt Block, I may go ahead and keep watching ONE LIFE. But I do wish ONE LIFE would get a new writer and exec. producer and that they would realize what a horrible mistake not having David, Kevin & Kelly on the show is, and bring back Tuc Watkins, Dan Gauther and Heather Tom (or Gina Tognoni or a good re-cast, maybe Christie Clark as Kelly).

• Members

OLTL seems to be on a hiring and firing spree right now...

We already have Dan Gauthier, Heather Tom, Tuc Watkins, Josh Casaubon, Mikey Jerome, and Kerry Butler all leaving.

And then Beth Ann Bonner, Chris Beetem, Christina Chambers, Brandon Buddy, (and possibly Hunt Block) all being hired.

Plus recasting Jack, re-signing Michael Easton, and temporarily recasting Michael McBain.

Archived