Saddam Sentenced to Die

DruRocks

• Members

As much as I am satisfied knowing this man is finally going to die, I can't help but feel there will be so much more misery to come. It's only beginning.

As for the Vietnam comments, people predicted this in 2004, only one year after the war started. And as someone who just turned 18 last year and had to register, I'm starting to get scared. Republicans can say all they want that a draft will not be needed, but with the rates of recruitments going down by the days, it's a draft is inevitable.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just wish the government would for once look at the situation as a whole. They need to think about the aftermath of his death, and what trouble it will bring, everything is just so messed up these days!!!

I mean, I haven't been constantly keeping up with the world news lately, but it seems to me that they just want the man dead and don't bother to think about anyhing else and realize that they have to examine the situation as a whole.

• Members

What scares me the most are those who are sympathic to Sadaam. They are going to put the blame on America and might make an attempt to get revenge on us. I mean you think they hated us before, now its 100x worse. I still believe that the democrats are going to be able to win back the house and the senate. Hopefully this news will shake up voters and they make the right decision come tuesday. I already did. I did an adavanced ballot.

I think this admistration has the "shoot now, shoot some more and then ask questions" mentality. They don't think, they just do and then when something happens, they give some half-ass excuse and then try to cover it up with lie after lie. 08 is really not that far off and this election can make a world of difference too.

• Members

This country needs to take a stand and say that we are tired of the scandal-ridden, war-loving, gay-hating, Michael J. Fox-bashing, gun toting, redneck Republicans who have gotten our country in the horrible shape it in is.

It's time we all stand up and vote Democrat! I know I will! :)

• Members

Don't forget the bible-thumping, praising Jesus (all the while being the biggest hypocrites and at times racist) and holier than thou!

It shames me that people call themselves christians and hate and be so judgemental and say that they are doing "God's will" :rolleyes: . Jesus wasn't about hate, he was about love. I live in a state with one of the biggest fools of them all, Fred Phelps. I hope I never meet that SOB in person cause he would never hear the end of it from me.

If Kansas has one good thing going for it, that would be our Governor. Rated one of the #5 Governors in the country and has done wonders for the state of Kansas.

• Members

1) Of course we knew this would happen. Or at least we better have hoped this happened. Why is everyone so supportive of a man who killed, raped and gassed hundreds of thousands of his own people? Why is he the good guy and Bush the bad guy for finally putting an end to it? oh thats right, because the USA should not help out coutries run by dictators just like we never should have helped Germany huh?

Now, the war has not gone well...thats something we all now. Although there is much good that has happened over in Iraq, we hardly hear any of it. My brother, who is there and several friends do not want you to feel sorry for them. This is their job, he loves being there and requested to go back a third time for this war. So save your sympathies.

This will not have an effect on the political landscape here...Libs are always trying to blame, accuse or denounce anything just to speak. They have no plan...except..GET OUT OF IRAQ. Ok, I want out too, but whats your plan? YOU DO NOT HAVE ONE! You have no agenda...nothing.

I will give the credit to Dems...they have taken HATE and used it to their advantage and scared people into voting for them. They have no plans, no agenda NO NOTHING.

They say we are headed in the wrong direction? Look at the stock market, unemployment.....ya all wrong when PEOPLE ARE WORKING!

Anyway, Saddam deserves death..he deserves worse than death.

And before anyone jumps on me...I am voting for several democrats tomorrow!

• Members

Who in this thread said Saddam was a good guy?! Please point them out. What everyone is saying is that this just might push that entire country over the edge. And, our fighting men will be the ones caught in the middle becaue this admin. decided to invade that country withour any type of pan or exit strategy in place.

Bush, Cheney, Rice & Rumsfeld screwed this whole damn thing up, and I for one am sick of them not taking any type of responsibility for this gigantic clusterf***. I'm glad you are voting for Dems, but that doesn't stop me from posting a response to your post.

And also for the record, if he's such a bad guy, why was your current Sec. Of Defense shaking that jackass's hand during the Iraq/Iran war?

• Members

Like the US helped out Germany?! Are you kidding me?! The US refused to enter the war for years! While other nobler nations entered the war because of the mass genocide being comitted by nazi germany, the US refused until they were themselves attacked. Where was the US's sense of global morality then?! When the people would have actually welcomed you with open arms, where was the US?! It's a darn shame the Germans didn't have mass amounts of oil to peak the US interest in helping out a nation of people being slaughtered, like they do currently with Iraq.

Archived