Saddam Sentenced to Die

DruRocks

• Members

I am not standing up for the US or anything, but that was entirely different, because they knew good and well that if they entered the war, another World War would occur and America would have a good chance of falling into communisim, however considering how things are these days, they have practically fallen into commuism anyway.

But, back on topic, I think the difference here from World War II is that the governement said "Hey, we don't really like them because of what happened years ago, and there's no way they could take us down, so lets attack!"

Sad, even though Saddam is very wicked and deserved to be stopped, that if a country we don't like can't stop us (which in some ways it could) we attack it. I mean, this all just looks like Bush getting revenge for what happened years ago when his father was in office, even though it might not be.

I really think this was exactly what Bush wanted, and I am being serious, I think he wanted Saddam dead and this is good news for him.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

oh, I agree that WW2 was entierly difference from iraq ... I just cannot fathom how Kwing can dare say the US helped out germany!! It's like Ann Coulter going on CBCNewsworld and trying to tell us we faught in vietnam when we did no such thing.

• Members

A reminder to all who care, urge those who chose who run on their ticket to be very careful that they have the one with the most clout to win. I fervently believe that if any Democrat besides John Kerry ran against Bush, he/she would have won. Kerry had too many obstacles that hit back and he still nearly won. His wife and his dubious war record did him in and in my view it was deserved. He could not have done well as President I'm certain after following his decisions since then. Personally, I do like Hillary Clinton but don't know who else will be candidates with her. This next election should be very exciting and the new presidential term crucial to our whole way of living as we can all see by the damage we got from the last two elections.

• Members

1) I was neither happy nor upset with the elections. We have elections and that is great. I love that we have the freedom to have that power..a freedom that many on this board do not want other countries to have.

2) Drew you are completely and totally wrong in your comments regarding my brother and the US military. They are brave men and women and to have you disgrace them shows your lack of knowledge and lack of compassion. You should be ashamed of yourself.

3) We could all get along, but many in here decide to resort to name calling, lies, and general hatred because they have no power in this world to do anything BUT vent in hate. It is sad and really pathetic. You can only have ONE voice, one opinion on here and if you have a different one you are ripped to shreds instead of being able to talk like a mature adult about it. I admit, I get suckered in to the hatred more than I would like to, but that is what they want...HATE instead of action, DO NOTHING instead of doing SOMETHING.

I wish I lived in the perfect rose colored world they live in. Life must be easy when you can sit around and accomplish NOTHING yet want it all!

• Members

I find your comments particularly disconcerting beyond my disagreeance.

1) You insinuate that the Democrats used "hate" to rally voters. I wonder then what your thought process is concerning the use of fear that Republicans have invoked since 9/11 to keep Americans in a state of terror? President Bush and his allies have more than once aserted that a vote for a Democrat would be leaving the U.S. in danger. It stands to reason that this erroneous rhetoric has finally been tuned out and recognized for the proppganda that it is. I know that I am not trembled by anxiety when Bush plays on the sympathies of our healing nation for political gain. Naturally, resentment and discontent is how his manipulation is rewarded.

Moreover, we are not all blind sheep bing led astray by the liberal allegiance. The American voters expressed their desire to brave fear itself as oppossed to being forced to live in it; hostages to the paralyzing emotion. Bush and his cohorts merely played their hand oo many times before their houses of cards collapsed.

2) If Bush were to give others an opportunity to express an exit strategy, one could be announced; or even formulated. He does not have the copyright on navigating the war in Iraq even if his adminstration is the mastermind behind this masacre. The "plan" that is set in motion, IS NOT WORKING.

3) I doubt that any sympathize with Saddam; but that does not negate George Bush entering a soverign country on the flase premise of weapons of mass destruction for the purpose of oil and manufacturing vengeance in his father's name. He is culpable and not an innocent who heroically battled the never ending axis of evil in which he orbits.

Why do feel so persecuted? Perhaps, I missed a post, but I haven't read an instance where another poster denied you the freedom to express your speech. You are most certianly entitled to your opinions, but here's the twist. So are we. So are many others who are finalyl voicing their buried opinions for fear they would have been branded unpatrotic which is a tactic the Bush adminstration used againsr many who dared to stray from the status quo of his polcies and lies being godly truth. Bu no more.

The elections which swept the Republicans out of power exemplified that venting does translate into change. It provides for the oust of those who follow ideological fallacy in the name of their party, but not the constiuents who voted them into office. That's what hate accomplishes: change and I, for one, am so glad that the balance of power has shifted in Washington.

Furthermore, why are you clinging to the notion that we're all just sitting around, cloaked by scrrennames, all to rile you up? I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm accomplishing a lot on my life. Other than arousing your sensitbilities that is.

• Members

Oh, I agree with you on that one. I have to be honest, I voted for Bush both times ONLY because the people he was up against were two men that I felt would just have worse consequences then he did, Gore was horrible and I am horrified of the man, and Kerry was just weird.... I am however hoping the Dems have a good person to run for the President election next time.

Oh, and Kwing, I don't get why you feel like we are persucuting you and standing up for Saddam. As I said before, none of us are, and the one good thing that comes out of this that he dies, but the AFTERMATH will be a wild storm.

However, at least the Dems got the Senate.

Archived