Saddam Sentenced to Die

DruRocks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not surprised. This is what Bush wanted. Everyone knew that if Saddam was tried in Iraq, they'd sentence him to death.

Things are just going to get worse now. I don't care what people say...this war is turning into another Vietnam. We're going to be stuck in Iraq for ages now.

• Members

Turning into? It is. The insergents have taken over the country. Civil war has broken out, ad all Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld & Rice can do is either change talking points or blame the Democrats for everything that has went south.

The person who is elected president in two years will win because of whatever solid plan he/she has fro Iraq, more than anything else.

• Members

I think it will be just like Vietnam w/in the next year or 2 (definitely before Bush leaves). All the signs point to it anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if they have to reinstate the draft soon. Nobody in their right mind is going to willingly join the military now. They're running out of reserves. And w/ the death rates contining to rise, there's just no other option.

It's unfortunate b/c at times I don't think my generation cares at all. We're all apathetic to what's going on in this country and the world. They refused to vote in 2004...where they could have made a huge difference in the outcome. But if they reinstate the draft, it's my generation that suffers the most. People really need to wake up and realize how awful things have become in this 5 years since 9/11.

• Members

IA 1000%. It just seems like we are so lazy that we will believe whatever we hear. I agree with you about it being another Vietnam. I was a little boy when Vietnam ended, but now as a grwon man nearing 40, I just can't believe that it is happening once again. The next 6 years will be every important to the future of this country, and it all starts Tuesday. It's time to send a message to everyone in D.C. that we have had it with partisan politics and all the buck-passing going on there. I'm especially sick and tired of no one taking any responsibility for anything. And we are the ones that are suffering.

I really feel for our troops. The hell they must be going through because of the sillinessof the current admin. It just makes you sick.

• Members

That makes me so upset. On my 18th birthday, the first thing I did was register to vote. I will not waste my vote at all. Too many people had to suffer just so I could have the right to vote and I will not let their hard work be in vain. There is absolutely no reason not to. On election day, my mom I woke up early and we were one of the first to vote. If I stand for something, I'm going to be behind it 100%.

Archived