Saddam Sentenced to Die

DruRocks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

somehow I missed this the last time I read it.

I most definitely do not have any sympathy for your brother or his friends. For someone to volunteer to go back into combat like that three times shows definite mental problems. I'd hate to see what these people you speak of would be doing, or where they'd be, with their agressive and violent tendencies if there was no war for them to blow up and kill people with. For people to actually enjoy going to war, that's really frightening and disturbing.

• Members

To whoever said that people said Saddam is a good person and doesn't deserve to die, find some soap and wash your mouth. No one said he's a good person and he deserves to die. The point isen't if he deserves to die, it's if someone has the right to take his life. That's the problem with the death penalty. It's not whether or not people want him or her to die, it's if you really want to give the message that murder is ok. The best way to punish someone is to strip them of everything they have. Dignity. Self worth. Friends. Family. Freedom. Sanity.

I wish people would realize what they're doing to their country with this decision. Because this has become a war far across the borders around Iraq and there WILL be consquenses. It's not an if, it's a when and a where. Not to the people making the decision, but to the innocents who maybe even voted against it.

Every once in a while I wish I lived in the US, until something like this comes along and I thank goodness I live in a tiny town in a country people still think is covered in snow from September until June and where everyone wears viking helmets.

Archived