Who do you think will win the House and Senate Races

winterguy125

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seeing as how I am someone who is very interested in politics (I even almost changed my major a few times), I find these elections to be quite interesting.

If I'm not mistaken, the Republicans took control during Clinton's presidency correct? Would it be ironic of the Dems took control during Bush's last remaining years?

I believe that they may be able to catpure one, but not both the House and the Senate. The Dems are going to have to campaign VERY hard over the next week and a few days to force the undecided voters to make up their minds and choose.

I know in NJ, the Republicans plan on spending 5 million dollars this week to promote Senatorial candidate Tom Kean Jr.

• Members

Well, here in Wisconsin, there has only been one senator in the running and that is Senator Herb Kohl...There is no one that is running against him, so of course he will keep his seat. I met him a few times and talked to him a bit. He's a really nice person, and he really cares about education and the Medicare program (that's how I met him).

I also wrote to him a few times, and he's always quick to respond to my emails...

Right now, they are getting nasty between Jim Doyle and Mark Green....

• Members

Yep you are correct The Republicans took over both in 1994 during Clinton's time, and yes it would be very ironic if the Dem's did it to Bush, and I would love every minute of it.

Also agree with you that the Democrats are going to have to fight to the bitter end this time around to get anywhere. Seeing as the Republicans are already starting to get really nasty with there ads.

• Members

The ads here in Tennessee have been really nasty this time too.

I am so fed up with the whole thing at this point, and I have no favorites at all in any of the races.

The only one that I know I will not vote for is Phil Bredesen for Gov. of Tennessee. I absolutely do not like that man, and I am dreading knowing that we are stuck with him for another term. I am not voting for him, but I know he will win.

I am so tired of both parties in our Government that I wish both would lose control. Both parties are full of the same type of people now and no one cares about the people they are working for. They are out for number one. Occassionally you find one good one in there, but for the most part none of them care. The Republican party is controlled by the NRA and a few other lobbyists now, and the Democrats are run by other lobby and political interest groups to the point that I don't trust any of them. I am tired of Bush, and hate Hillary Clinton, and don't see any viable candidates even for President the next term at this point.

• Members

YOU AND ME BOTH,STEVE FRAME!!!!!!!!!

It is a shame someone did not go up against Bredesen.

There has been corruption by members of his cabinet.

The Highway Patrol,also

In the department alone that looksafter childern ,major corruption.

Say what you want about TennCare,the state Medicaid-type program- after Bredesn slashed that SO MANY deserving people were taken off and now they don't have insurance!!!!! Cancer patients kidney patients,etc..

This man has no credible opposition and he will sail to reelection.

I am sorry----I also can't vote for Harold Ford for Senate!!!!!!

The Ford family is a corrupt political family.I am surprised the media has ignored his uncle and aunt.

In Tennessee,it will be Corker and Bryson for me!

• Members
:( Well, I won't be able to help the Dems at all where I live, at least not on a national level. Incumbent Senator Richard Lugar is running unopposed by a Democrat candidate and would have won anyway if he was; Congressman Mike Pence is all but certain to keep his seat in the House for my East Central Indiana district.

• Members

Yes, too nasty! I've had just about enough of the slandering and finger pointing. It's getting pretty ugly between Gard and Kagen too. I'm hoping the Democrats take control of both house and senate, but if not both at least one of the two. Can't wait til its over though!

• Members

Speaking as someone running for office, I will be sooooooooo glad when this election is over. I am currently a city commissioner in a small town in Kentucky (population around 900-950). I am running for a full two-year term. I was appointed last December (about half-way into a term) when a commissioner moved out of town. Although the race is non-partisan, I am a Democrat.

I predict the Democrats will win big on November 7th.

• Members

Just tonight watching TV there were 3 ad commercials back to back to back! :blink: There was one cutting down Corker(R-TN) followed by a commercial with Corker and his family to counter that negative ad, then an ad cutting down Ford(D-TN). It has gotten out of hand and I am also tired of these ads. I dont trust Ford or Corker, so I am just not going to vote. I havent gotten an absentee ballot anyway and I wont be in Nashville come election time.

I am a huge fan of Bredesen though, even though he has his weak points with Tenn Care and issues with everything to do with health care.

Archived