Scrubs: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Loved the season premiere... the highlights: Carla, Dr. Kelso, and Elliot dancing to "Bye, Bye, Bye;" Ted, Keith, and pop rocks; and them seeing themself in their patients, the Janitor's was particularly funny. I was hoping the baby wasn't JD's, but it might be interesting later on for him.

• Members

Did anyone else notice Jay Kenneth Johnson on tonight ep?!?! He looked really good! On another note, I was flipping the channels and saw Jensen Ackles in his show tonight for the first time. It was like old school 90s DAYS came back to me tonight. :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

This show is awesome. I remember when it first premiered. It was one of my favorites. Then it moved times and I kinda forgot about it, but like someone mentioned it was airing on Comedy Central, so that allowed me to catch up. The show is great. Hilarious!! It's still on Thursdays, right? I've been w/o a TV for about 2 weeks, ha.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • Members

Hi guys!

I'm a translator from English to Italian. Right now, I'm working on SCRUBS - actually on the first episode of the seventh season.

I have a few questions for you. Please, help me!

I know it's been a long time since its first airing, but, you know...!

Well, in the first episode, there's Tuck explaining to Elliot how Carla controls him over a particular diet. Here's what he says:

Now, what in the world are "jerk chocolate" and "joojoobees"? Are they candys brands? And most of all, how could JooJooBees be considered even remotely racist?

Then, they are eating, and Elliot is talking about her breakup with Keith:

Now, what are Rafters and what are Dudemaisters? I have no idea!!!

Ok, I kinda get that "Dudemaisters" is Keith's surname, but "Rafter" isn't Elliot's surname!

Please, I need your help.

Thanks in advance.

• Members

JuJubes is a type of candy: site The term "jerk" here I think is referred to the method of barbequing meat, that apparently you can do to chocolate, and get a unique flavor. Usually the term is in reference to Jamaican style food.

Dudemaister is Keith's last name. "Rafters" usually refers to the beams in a building that holds up the structure. Here, Elliots just saying that there's so many people in her house... that they are taking up every available space.

Archived