CSI: Discussion Thread

Toups

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I still haven't had the time to watch my tape. I keep trying to avoid people talking about it but I can't Everyone I've spoke to sounded really disappointed. Basically continuing on from last season which IMO was such a letdown. I would much rather watch an old one from a few seasons back than ones from last year. Its just gotten away from the forumla that made it so successful. I want them to get back to that where each episode is self contained and you are actually shocked at the end.

• Members

I caught it, but thought the actual deaths that made the bulk of the episode were simply ho-hum. However, it was that last 10-15 minutes that really made the show. That last murder seems like it's going to be a continuing investigation that will go throughout the season and Catherine's ordeal was just tragic (and, yet, totally captivating thanks to Helgenberger's performance). I'm wondering, though, whether CSI is going to go more serialized in order to compete with Grey's Anatomy this season. Considering that GA *beat* CSI in the ratings last week, it's looking to be an interesting race this season.

• Members

Ok I just watched my tape and god that end segment with Catherine. WOW! The murders were meh but man Marg rocked those scenes. I've always wanted the right mix of procedual drama and character driven stories on CSI, the premiere capitalized on that. LOL its only one episode in and already I think Marg is in the lead for the lead actress emmy race LOL.

The looks on Marg's face as Catherine realized she had been raped WOW! I am just amazed that end segment was also shot well panning back and forth between the murder and Catherine. For a while there you were led to believe Catherine was in the house where the murder was. Until she opening the curtains.

• Members

I kept thinking maybe the murder and Cath's rape was linked somehow... And knowing what's happening in part 2 of this... Marg is this show's saving grace right now. They ruined the show through the last parts of season 6 (didn't recongnize any of the characters, it was sad considering CSI used to set the bar for exellence).

• Members

The whole 45 minutes sucked, and while Katherine's scenes were good, I'm not really a big fan of her character. I think she brings the show down a lot of the time with her attitude. I hope they don't plan on delving into the personal lives, it would ruin the show in my opinion.

• Members

It seems like it's going that way... especially with last season, when Warrick was suddenly married and Grissom and Sara's new relationship, <_< . They seem to be starting off with Catherine now.

The murders/death are usually the best thing on the show, but this episode, I had to wonder what happened to the show. It brought down the whole episode for me.

• Members

The last 10-15 minutes were awesome. Really great, better than anything GA has put out recently. But the show has really gotten kinda stale. I'm actually glad to see more of the character's lives because the writers have taken out any form of humanity from the victims. Season 6 really sucked but Season 7 is at least going to be a little more entertaining I think.

I don't understand why people think the Grissom/Sara thing is new. I'm not a huge GSR fan persay, but as a loyal viewer, I've known this was going on for a long time. I guess it's just fanbase wars, but all this debate over it is so stupid (not directed at you Poohbear, btw, just something I've noticed on the 'net lately)

• Members

Forget GSR, I want Catherine and Warrick to finally get together. That's a hook-up waiting to explode. I don't think it's ever going to happen, though. And with Catherine getting drugged and raped righ under Nick's nose, I have a feeling that Nick's guilt will probably bring them even closer.

I agree with everyone, the last 15 minutes were the bomb and the two murder cases were beneath CSI.

Poor Catherine! And based on the previews at the end of the show, she's going to go through even more hell next week. It looks like something's going to happen to her daughter!

I don't understand why the CBS spent weeks of promoting nothing but the guest appearances in the season opener instead of the shocking drama with Catherine. Although, as a huge CSI fan who would watch regardless of promo, I liked the surprise. But it's a CSI/Grey's Anatomy war going on and those ratings could have been better.

• Members

My issue with Grissom and Sara is that the show slowly becomes less about investigating crimes... and more like a true primetime soap, with crime mixed in. I started to watch CSI, because it was new and different and people weren't involved with each other... so, to see Grissom and Sara kills it for me (the flirting that leads to no where I can live with, but a relationship ruins the show).

The Grissom/Sara and Grissom/Catherine ship wars/arguements are a bit funny to see.

• Members

After the first 45 minutes, I thought what's the twist with the "murders"? Boy, was I surprised with those last 15 minutes. Glad CBS didn't spoil it. I think the CSI/GA battle will make both shows raise the bar. (Although GA probably has to be careful not to fall into last season's DH trap of going over the top.)

Archived