Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DAYS: Why all the Matt Ashford bashing here?

Featured Replies

  • Member

OK, I understand not everyone is a Jack Deveraux fan, but when people start making derogatory comments about Matt Ashford and his acting ability(or lack of acting ability according to a few people), that really makes me angry :angry: . It's hardly Matt's fault the writing for his character has been [!@#$%^&*] abysmal for the last 3 years. Then he gets fired, and there are people here actually cheering over it!

I thought actor bashing wasn't allowed here! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

  • Replies 11
  • Views 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member

If people are bashing an actor, you should shoud report their post to the staff here at SON. We will then take care of it.

:)

  • Member

I haven't noticed alot of Matt Ashford bashing, but I have seen alot of negative posts directed toward the character of Jack and Jack/Jen as a couple (all of which I do not agree with).

But just wanted to say I haven't seen any ACTOR bashing, just character bashing, which I do believe is allowed.

  • Member
OK, I understand not everyone is a Jack Deveraux fan, but when people start making derogatory comments about Matt Ashford and his acting ability(or lack of acting ability according to a few people), that really makes me angry :angry: . It's hardly Matt's fault the writing for his character has been [!@#$%^&*] abysmal for the last 3 years. Then he gets fired, and there are people here actually cheering over it!

I thought actor bashing wasn't allowed here! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I dont think MA does comedy/goofy well and that to me isnt actor bashing. That's my opinion and it isnt going to change. I am tired of some posters getting all pissy because I dont like what they like. I am fine when others dont agree with what I like. I think MA is a great actor, I just dont think he does comedy well so sue me. Its plain and simple.

Evan, you dont like anything but Matt Ashford and J&J on DAYS and have bashed JER to death countless times as well as many other actors from DAYS. It goes both ways my friend.

  • Member

I totally agree with Kirk, as well as Ryan.

I also think this thread should be closed, I predict a major blow-up.

  • Member

Just because people cheer for Jack being gone doesn't mean they hate MA. I mean, over at OLTL I like Paul S, but would happily say goodbye if they decided to kill off Spencer!

  • Member

Evan, haven't a read several posts by you calling JER a "fatass?" That's more bashing than saying something about Ashford not being someone's favorite actor.

If it's not you I am thinking of, I'm sorry (genuinely) but I think it is.

  • Member
I also think this thread should be closed, I predict a major blow-up.

ICAM!

  • Member
OK, I understand not everyone is a Jack Deveraux fan, but when people start making derogatory comments about Matt Ashford and his acting ability(or lack of acting ability according to a few people), that really makes me angry . It's hardly Matt's fault the writing for his character has been [!@#$%^&*] abysmal for the last 3 years. Then he gets fired, and there are people here actually cheering over it!

I thought actor bashing wasn't allowed here!

Give me a break! Farah Fath gest bashed on a daily basis around here. And just because Matthew Ashford is a fan favorite, you are complaining?

  • Member

Yeah, ITA that it should probably be closed as well.

  • Member

Fanbase fans and general DAYS fans, never really seem to get along it seems.

It's sad really.

  • Member

Thread closed per Bree's recommendation

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.