Nothing better than college football in the SOUTH!

KBT

• Members

Since I am now a student of the University of Tennessee(finally) the game today was one of the best I have ever witnessed. Just imagine 106,000 drunk ass fans going wild with a 35-0 lead over #9 Cal in the 3rd quarter. UT is ranked 23rd and rolled over Cal 35-18, the Pac 10 is so overrated! I know hockey is king in Canada, but just try coming down south for a football game with way more fans. The SEC is showing its power early so far.

Hopefully Arkansas gives USC(a team I have to give credit to, only good team in the Pac-10) a battle tonight. Go Hogs!

Oh and a fact not anyone knows, is that UT womens college basketball averages more than 16,000, more than a few NHL teams, NBA teams, and MLB teams. When ranked teams come to UT, UT women usually gets 20,000+(with a capacity of 25,000). Just thought I would share....I know I am rambling

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh yes I knew this - I'm from the place that Jackie Stiles called home once...so women's bball is very familiar to me. Pat Sumter (sp?) coaches at UT, which always has a dominant team each year. UT vs. UConn - that's like the most famous women's college basketball rivalries ever.

• Members

Well, at least we did better against USC this year as opposed to last year. We got creamed this time, but we were drowning in it last year.

If our season is as shitty this year as it was last, I want Head Coach Houston Nutt's head on a silver platter with cheese and crackers.

The town was a madhouse yesterday.

• Members

I was shocked when I saw USC put up 50 on Arkansas, I thought the Hogs would give them a better game this year. Its never easy to win at Arkansas, so USC putting 50 at Arkansas was impressive. Yeah Nutt needs to be fired if the Hogs dont go to a bowl game this year.

I am a huge womens college basketball fan, so I knew of Jackie Stiles. Was it Southwest Missouri State? Pat Summitt could run for governor and win here. Yeah I hate UCONN, I [!@#$%^&*] hated Diani Taurasi and still cant stand Geno Auriemma.

• Members

LMAO - yeah I'm not a big Geno fan...I love love love Pat though - she's awesome in her interviews.

Yeah - Jackie was part of SMS - which is now Missouri State. I was fortunate enough to go to most of her home games during her 4 years there - as women's bball is HUGE in Missouri and the surrouding area. Jackie had to be the best bball player of all-time...

Hell yeah to Colorado losing this weekend - just had to throw that out there.

Archived