Survivor Guatemala Contestant's Son Killed

King

• Members

Survivor Guatemala Lydia’s 17-year-old son dies in a car accident

The son of Survivor Guatemala contestant Lydia Morales’s only son died in a car accident Monday night. Lydia made it to the final four, and during the reward challenge of the penultimate episode, Lydia said that she wanted to win the car for her son.

Nicholas and a friend “died instantly” after the car they were in “side-swiped another car, careened out of control, and crashed into a light pole and metal railing,” according to KOMO 4 News. The results of the investigation have not yet been released, but “Witnesses say they believe another car was involved and that two cars might have been racing.”

Lydia said, “He’s my only son. … (They had)….. a lot of promise in their future. So it was so tragic.” Her CBS.com biography described her as “a happily divorced mother to one son, Nicholas.”

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aw :(

Poor Lydia. I really feel for her. I had heard about this a few days ago. I posted something in the Survivor 13 thread, but I guess no one saw it.

She was always so upbeat and happy on Guatemala and to think of her grieving for her son, just makes my heart ache :(

• Members

This is the second contestant from this season to lose a young son in a car accident. I forget the name of the other woman, but her son died right before she began this season so they held her back until Exile Island.

Very sad news in both cases, Lydia was one of my faves. :(

• Members

It's not spoiled. Just the cast, and half of them turned out not to be true (supposedly). We will have a lot of different races this go around. A diverse cast it seems. Official cast reveal is August 23rd. Although the only spoiler I know of (and that's IT; I'm staying out of spoilers this year) is how the tribes are SUPPOSEDLY (it's not confirmed yet) divided.

Archived