Days: New Campaign started

• Members

Daniel R. Coleridge of TV Guide started a new campaign.

I have never tried this before, but I'm feeling just vexed enough to start my very own fan campaign here. To register your displeasure with Days' decision to cut Austin Peck and/or Christie Clark, I urge you to speak out! My motto is "Can't hurt, might help."

Send an impassioned, intelligent, thoughtful e-mail to [email protected] or write to any or all of these snail mail addresses:

Mr. Ken Corday

Executive Producer, Days of our Lives

Corday Productions

Studio Plaza

3400 Riverside Drive, Suite 780

Burbank, CA 91505

Mr. Hogan Sheffer

Head Writer, Days of our Lives

c/o NBC Studios

3000 W. Alameda Ave

Burbank, CA 91523

Ms. Annamarie Kostura

President, NBC Daytime

c/o NBC-TV

3000 W. Alameda Ave

Burbank, CA 91523

By the way, NBC and Days had no comment for this story. But you're gonna offer up some comments for them, right? Right.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's not going to help. I am sorry they are leaving and that Matt is too but cuts need to be made and I am not talking minor characters. I hate this as much as anyone because Carrie, Austin, and Jack are 3 of my faves but things happen.

I would be happy to contribute to this just like I did for Matt but I can understand why Days is doing it, not that I like it.

• Members

I can understand how Carrie/Austin fans feel, believe me I do, but there comes a point when you've got to accept the inevitable and move on. Matt Ashford says in his recent fan club letter that he's feeling positive about the future and looking forward to new challenges, so that's the attitude I'm taking too.

As long as Jack/Jennifer get a great sendoff, that'll do for me - and I'm sure Carrie/Austin will leave the show together also.

• Members

F*ck it! I'm doing it. I have so much pent up hostility. I don't care if it's useless. I have to get this [!@#$%^&*] out. It will be a catharsis.

I feel like emailing Daniel too and praising him for this. At least he has enough balls to say what we're all thinking.

i.e. Can enough obvious choices and you'll make up for A/C in the budget.

• Members

It's a self-defeating exercise. Even if TPTB were to pay attention, they will get more letters from people praising the decision than from people angry about it. They are dumping Carstin because there just wasn't enough enthusiasm about their return (blame Reilly & Corday for the way it was handled). A belated fan campaign won't change that.

In any case, Corday does not seem to care about fan opinion. The vast majority thought it was a dumb decision firing Matt Ashford after bringing back Stephen Nichols and TPTB STILL ignored it (though hopefully it will make them more willing to bring him back). They also knew that writing off Dee & Drake for 8 weeks would be hugely unpopular and they did it anyway.

Archived