Y&R: June 2017 Discussion Thread

• Members

@MoTheGreat @Soapsuds ITA that The 'Munk doesn't deserve anything good - the character should've been wiped away years ago. My point was that it's a clean, tidy ending and paves the way for Chloe to return when Adam is recast. EH still can bring it and she has so many natural ties to GC that her return can work - especially since I'm betting that Bella is Billy's, which if Jill and Esther continue to live in CM would be a great tie. Heck, if ManCane continues, he and Chloe could go at it again and stick it to Billy. Plus EH/MCE work well together and Chelsea desperately needs a shot in the arm. MCE's best scenes since Adam 'died' all involved Chloe from the wedding to the hunt and then the aftermath of discovering her. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When was the last time we saw Ravi? Because I saw him and it was like a 'where's waldo?' moment.

I agree with MCE. Her best scenes was the non-wedding to date.

I suspect the story will now turn to the build to Cane's downfall...and I'm loving him squirm...and Dina...which I also love.

• Members

Ravi = Natalie. Carbon copy geek who is awkward but really a 'model' after a makeover. Despite a ton of airtime, neither actor/character had anything remotely remarkable to connect them with audience and canvas.  Mattie is following same pattern - though I hold out much more hope for that character.

• Members

I don't think he was a flop. I think he was just wrongly paired with Ashley. This show should recast or bring back William Russ as Tucker b/c that was Ashley's most successful pairing in about 20 years. 

Back to Ravi, he should've been in Mariah/Abby's orbit. SSM was trying to do a young man/older woman romance and flopped badly. Ravi never seemed to fit with Ashley. Ashley needs a man with grit. Blade/Rick, Victor, Brad, Tucker ... all those men had grit. When Ashley get paired with a dud, she becomes a bore along with the partner.

Archived