DAYS New Years Eve sneak peak photo

• Members

Deidre Hall and Lauren Koslow both posted this on their respective social media accounts, noting they'd been authorized to share this preview shot from the NYE episodes the show shot in July. Errol said DAYS looks pretty 'Wow' based on what he's seen...this photo seems to confirm that Corday's pumped some money into things, at least wardrobe and lighting has gotten an upgrade:

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh. Higs, honey, get over this Basic Black obsession. It's no different than in 2003 when Belle had her fashion show and Bo and Hope were bludgeoned. A mix of Higs into Reilly.

Basic Black sucks for John as a character. It better be a front for the ISA. I know he had spy crap there at one point but I can't remember for what now.

And I wouldn't say that photo is any indication of quality. I hope it is but I'm taking a wait and see approach on how the show will look. Even when they turn down the lights for nighttime stuff the show just looks instantly better. I don't get this bright lighting on soaps. It doesn't work. Days and GH look awful because of it, IMHO and it makes the shows look even more cheap than they already are. Good lighting makes a big difference. Is it really that hard?

• Members

I'm down for it! I'm all for a lil Dynasty reboot.

One thing I liked about OLTL during their last years is that they used a lot of realistic daytime lighting, in that you'd see shadows and light coming in from the windows, like it was a sunny day, and there were venetian blinds or trees outside obstructing some sunlight. It wasn't always 100% flattering, but it was realistic. Let's face it, daytime light isn't always the best lighting :)

GL did this sometimes, too, when Rauch was initially in charge (before he got too bright with the pastels and such).

Archived