B&B: August 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So I wanted to post about Friday's show, but boards were down by time I got here. When we saw Maya in her wedding dress BEFORE the march, isn't it soap tradition/signal that the wedding won't happen that day? I can't think of a wedding the went through when we see the bride in gown before the march. It really made me suspect. And, oh, how heartbreaking for Maya to hear Julius say those things. It was cringe-worthy, but in a GOOD way. There have been some really interesting scripts since the reveal and, honestly, more than Julius should be saying those things - not to be bigoted or small-minded, but it is a hard concept for many to understand and face. 

The $B thing was a bit too much, BUT there was some truth to what he said - they will be extended family and so I'll give  a slight pass there. I just wish it wasn't out of the blue.

The other weird thing about Raya's wedding: isn't it about two days (B&B time) after Aly's funeral???? That's crazy.

• Members

Totally agree with the part I bolded…I was feeling the same way during Friday's and today's show.

If we let it slide a bit its been maybe a week since Aly's funeral. I too found it in poor taste for Rick to get married during this awful period in the Forrester house. Also as someone mentioned no one was at the wedding.

I stop caring for Maya and Rick as a couple a long time ago. So if their marriage doesn't happen I won't be sad at all for them.

• Members

I hadn't realized that but I wasn't watching B&B everyday back when they got married. I am sure they will get married even though Daddy disapproves. It would have been great had Maya lost it when she heard Daddy call her a freak and just went ballistic on him before the ceremony in front of all the guests.

• Members

Yes, great show today and I also didn't feel sorry for Maya. And Rick needed to STFU….

Are they rewriting Aly's death? Why didn't Steffy mention today that Aly was about to bash her with a huge rock? She had ever right to strike Aly with the crowbar. 

• Administrator

Fantastic episode today!   This was an award winning performance by Obba. I can't see him losing the Guest Starring Emmy.  And I think this should be Karla's Emmy reel too.  What a superb script by Patrick Mulcahey, which should win B&B the WGA and Daytime Emmy for writing.  I knew this was his episode when Julius starting to tell the story about his father.  Patrick just writes phenomenal parent-child scenes/dialogue.  Vivienne's line "those words burned by tongue" was good too.  And I loved how long those scenes were.  

• Members

Well, you guys weren't lying.   Great episode...AMH and OB were stellar, KM was wonderful, and the background reaction shots were perfect.  AMH has always been a favorite...I loved her on Amen way back when.  and she has brought what could have been a small role life. OB  has been great throughout his career, but those scenes about Myron, senior giving him a severance check....outstanding!

Archived