B&B July 2015 Discussion Thread

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Seeing the episode with the whole cast I realized it's pretty glaring that none of the older generation characters (except Ridge) have had a significant storyline for quite some time. Not that I really care about them. Just that it's time to shed some dead weight from the cast.

• Members

Exactly. That was kind of my point on previous page. Remember this was a show that could never have more than one young couple going at a time - and they were more like B or C storylines. It's an amazing transformation. How ironic that younger characters like Owen & Bridget always HAD to paired with the older established characters. Quinn, Deacon, Pam, Charlie and Eric can really be gone completely with Brooke in more of a Pam role (not that it will ever happen). I mean, seriously, they are going to go with Brooke/Deacon/Quinn in fall that was very obviously for Friday's episode. Quinn will become unhinged and written out. I love RS, but it's clear that the investment that they made in the 3rd Generation is paying off.

• Members

I would love it if all of those characters were written out. Really not here for that lame Quinn jealousy again unless it means it's their final storyline and they leave.

Don't know if you left Bill and Katie out of that list by mistake but if not then I agree that Bill and Katie are the only characters they need from that generation. They have what it takes to be the ''patriarch'' and ''matriarch'' of this show. Just give HT some material to sink her teeth in and Katie a backbone!

• Members

I specifically left out $B and Katie for the reasons you stated. It's become clear that the Spencers really are drivers of a lot story and wouldn't mind seeing a couple of other Spencer relatives show up on scene. $B is always great and is so different than the way men had been portrayed on B&B. HT does a lot with very little, but they've shown so many different sides to Katie, that they could take the character in a number of directions and it would work. Re: Quinn - I thought when she was back at FC that for sure mentioned that AB would be written out, but the faux-immigration storyline and the potential paring with Wyatt finally made the character a bit more interesting and potentially viable. The biggest challenge with B&B format is that they have a lot of talented actors who get pushed in the background while the "A" story of the month plays out. JY alluded to this last fall and how he waited three years(!) to get something that lasted more than three weeks.

• Members

I'm still holding out for Katie/Bill/Steffy redux......I really hope it isn't true that they aren't even allowed to bring Bill/Steffy up, but I just feel like taking Steffy out of Liam's orbit to a degree will make a big difference....

• Members

BTW - as side note, my DVR didn't record Friday's episode because it was listed (correctly) as Thursday's original episode. (They didn't have chance to change the episode description on the electronic guide after Wed pre-emption.) Because the DVR thought it had already recorded that and even though I watched it, it did nothing. Thank goodness for POP! I suspect others may have had the same problem. Will be interesting if Friday's episode ends up being much lower rated than normal. Anyway, I'm kind of excited to see how these next couple of episodes unfold and what new stories will emerge.

• Members

I finally caught up on B&B. I'm loving the Avants' story. I see where alot of folks aren't feeling Maya. But I love her. Those scenes with her and her father were great. When he told her to stand up and look him in the eye plus the tone, that was a very father/son moment. Then he asked her for some sugar and the "oh daddy" was very father/daughter. I noted she went from dad to daddy. I'm not sure whether it was meant to be this way but I find their interactions/dynamic very intetesting.

I agree that the actor that plays Zende isn't the best actor. He smiles alot. Most times it's inapprorpriate for the scene. I know his smile is pretty and all but it shouldn't be his go to.

I FF Liam and Steffy. I'm just not interested in either one.

I do enjoy crazy Aly though. I'd love for her to start feeling the lust bug with Carter. Just cause he's the only guy on canvas close to her age that I think is good looking enough to turn her head.

• Members

That propasal was so cute. Im biased though, I just love KM and JY together, they shine around each other. And everyone's reaction, made the scene even better. Anna Horsford made me smile with how proud she was, it seemed real.

Also, isn't it incredible how these past few days they have had nearly every character own, with dialogue, and with a purpose for being there....all under 30 minutes.

I don't know how B&B does it, but the other soaps really need to take note.

• Members
They are still together. She snapped at him for talking to Steffy on 4th of July but he's been absent outside of that. Her behavior would make more sense if they split bc he was the one to help her let go of her anger last year when she was losing it.

Archived