All soaps - actors who were quickly dropped

• Members

Judith Baldwin briefly played Beth Logan on B&B before they cast Nancy Burnett.

Stephen Shortridge was Officer Dave Reed on B&B in 1987 and viewers assumed he and Brooke were going to be an item, but they quickly introduced her to Ridge. Stephen was gone after about a year.

Lucy Deakins briefy played Lilly before Martha Byrne. Martha said she lost the role to Lucy only to be cast after she left.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B is probably the king of this. There was also that whole story with Sheila's daughter, Erica, that was wrapped up at lightning speed.

I also remember when the woman who played Victor's botanist fling on Y&R, Ramona, was cast on B&B as Deacon's girlfriend, who, in no time at all, went crazy and fell off a building.

• Members

Oscar was on the show for about a year; Mark was dropped to recurring after six months but still appeared until 2005; Giovanni was on contract for almost a year and recurred a while after that; and Dante was on contract from June 2005 to October 2006. So none of them were actually dropped "quickly". The fact that they didn't have a major storyline for several months is a whole other issue.

Emily Harrison was dropped as Bridget very quickly in 2004. I think she was on contract for three months.

Massimo's butler Hudson, played by Joseph Marcell, was on contract for maybe a month or so in 2004.

In winter 2006, Shannon Mykel Jenkins was put on contract as Officer Charlie Baker, but he never had a storyline and was gone within a short time. Still he appeared on that year's cast photo.

Mario Lopez as Christian Ramirez only lasted a few weeks in 2006. He was supposed to become Felicia's love interest, but then Felicia was put in a triangle with Bridget and Dante.

Constantine Maroulis as Constantine in 2007 was on contract for a few weeks. He went on tour with Felicia and never came back (thankfully).

Matt Borlenghi as Ziggy in 2002 was on contract for about four months.

Does Amber's twin sister April count? She was gone within two months, I think.

Hector Ramirez had a teenage adoptive son, I think his name was Jimmy. He was dropped once Amber moved in with Hector and Caitlin.

Kristen and Tony's adoptive son Zende was dropped after four months and stopped appearing altogether. A few months later Kristen and Tony also disappeared after they hadn't had a storyline in over a year.

• Members

Agreed. B&B is the leader of the pack. The "Erica" story with the much-heralded return of She-Devil was just bizarre. There was so much build-up and then suddenly Sheila is killing some dude with bees - when that happened I knew it was over. I don't understand why this was a major fail - I'm sure they had a longer story planned out.

However, this is one of the advantages that B&B has always had - the ability to quickly refocus stories - combo of production schedule and the 30-minute format.

Oh, and Constantine. Good lord, for a show called "Beautiful," this was wrong, wrong, wrong from conception.

• Members

Was Ricky Paull Goldin's recent B&B run only supposed to last 2 episodes? All the casting talk of him joining and it was over before it began.

The girl who played GL's Marina Cooper in between Aubrey Dollar and Mandy Bruno. Kit Paquin. Lasted no more than 2 months.

B&B definitely owns this thread. So many characters are introduced with heavy story and are forgotten within 2 months.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Lisa Sutton played the role of Nancy Feldman on Ryan's Hope for 6 episodes over a two week period. Lisa was then replaced by Megan McCracken and she played the role for 3 months (and then Megan was replaced by Nana Tucker)

Lisa Sutton/Nancy #1 Megan McCracken/Nancy #2

RHA_Sutton.jpgRHA_McCracken.jpg

• Members

I didn't realize McCracken was around for three months, but I guess that's because SoapNet aired two episodes a day. I don't think Nancy ever really worked as a character, but that may have had to do with the fact that they paired her with the post-Malcolm Groome Pats. Blazo and Finnocoli were forgettable and I had a lot of trouble distinguishing Finnocoli and Richard Muenz.

• Members

John Blazo was wonderful, they just didn't know what to do with him. They kept pairing him with low-key women. He worked best when he was sparring with Delia or having family moments.

I will never forget the scene where Nancy and Pat were in bed and she said they looked like brother and sister. I felt like the show was addressing a complaint from viewers, but why say it at all???

Archived