GH50: Discussion for the month of July...

• Members

This is what pisses me off. When an actor/performer speaks out, they are usually off the mark and just upset. However, it's very possible that JW had no idea that Frisco would still be lousy. Would not be the first time Crappy misled someone - Tristan Rogers, anyone? The mess that he and Emma Samms walked into was an embarrassment, and Robert on a ledge because his daughter is dead and then skips out of town to find his nonson? WTF? Schlock of the highest order!

On another note, Michael Easton looks like a girl in denim!

• Replies 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well that's on JW for not keeping up with the character and realizing he's been a worthless deadbeat for over 15 years and hasn't been this popular beloved figure from the 80s. It's not the shows fault he was ignorant about what went down whole he was away. Given his limited availability it was obvious he was going to be the loser in this Felicia triangle so again that's on him. I actually think the character got off easy as they had things way too clean with he and Maxie with the insta forgiveness instead of her rightfully blasting him and telling him to F off

• Members

I don't see how that's possible. He only agreed to go a certain number of episodes. It was obvious he was going to abandon Maxie again. Did they agree to have JW be recurring so he could have a continued presence in her life and then they lied and dropped him? No. His availability was limited so that pretty much dictated how things would end up. Complaining about Frisco seems pointless bc there are characters that have been needlessly trashed and written out if character. He wasn't one of them

• Members

Thank you for this. TPTB continue to write the vets like crap and one actor calls them out and he gets grief! I say good for Jack. Part of me wishes Tristan and Emma would have done the same (they certainly deserve to do so!) but I guess I'm still hoping they'll come back and be written decently. I guess we won't be seeing Frisco anytime soon.

• Members

Seriously? He was playing another role on another soap for years. He should have watched GH, or asked someone about what was happening with Frisco?

I agree with you that they should have addressed Maxie's abandonment in story. But Cartini didn't want to tell the story. And made excuses about why they didn't tell the story blaming JW's availability for a limited number of episodes. Whatever. John Stamos spoke out as well.

• Members
i never suggested he should have been watching GH all these years but askibg someone would have been a good idea. If you are going to step into a role you haven't touched in over 15 years, some basic research would be helpful to give you perspective on the writing and how to play the character now in the present as opposed to where they were in their lives back then. Given he was never recast, it'd not like there would be a whole lot of overwhelming history to catch up on. Things change since 1995. This isn't the same GH and not only has the character if Frisco been changed by his absence but so have the characters who's lives he touched. For him to step into the Frisco/Maxie relationship and not be aware of the dynamics there and how he would be perceived is on him. Did he think the two have had a great offscreen relationship all these years and he was just coming for a routine visit? The writing for Frisco wasn't out if character; it was consistent with whom he has become long before this stint

• Members

But Cartini pitched him a story, and it obviously wasn't what they eventually wrote or what he thought it was. Not really going to argue with you because I don't care enough about Frisco or JW to defend him. I just think it's obvious that Cartini have pulled the bait and switch with more than just the fans of vets. He's done it with the vets as well. They're like the garnish on the dinner plate. Just for looks. And that is what JW spoke to more than anything.

• Members

I agree! JW could not possibly have thought that Frisco was a stand up guy, but I honestly believe he was pitched a different short arc for Frisco. As opposed to that ridiculous fight for Felicia, Frisco should have spent that time being a better man and realizing just how bad of a father he was. All we got was (well, those who watched because I don't care for Frisco or Jack) Maxie instantly forgiving and a hint that he injured Britta and left. That was just dumb!

Archived