Soap characters we hated that we were supposed to like

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carl/Brandon,

I think Yvonne Perry was chosen because of that huge rack she had. Someone didn't care that she sucked, they just wanted to look at her chest. She was the most out of place character I had ever seen. Cady was a good recast. I thought she might be a bit old for the role, but chit, anything was better than YP.

Juniorz? Kim Hughes? I never thought the day would ever come where someone didn't like her. She was everything to ATWT!

• Members

Yvonne Perry had big breasts? :P If so, I didn't notice it. LMAO! I thought she got better down the road--like when she returned to the role her second stint with the whole Parker "trust fund saga."

And yes, Chit, Kim is EVERYTHING. I did like Susan too, but Kim was my heart. I can't go against her/Kathy Hays. Watching those clips of Kim v. Susan when Susan screwed Bob was stellar! How these two didn't ever walk away with an EMMY boggles my mind.

• Members

I was too young to remember when it originally aired, however, thank GOD for YouTube. When I first saw it a few years ago, I was hooked. I loved Kim's reaction to it all and her tossing Bob out. Then for him to have to deal with the judging (and meddling) of Tom, Frannie, AND Lisa (the queen of meddlesome) was so good. I want to see a scene of Lisa confronting Susan b/c I know I happened. Lisa was too mouthy to let Susan get off for nearly demolishing her dear friends's marriage. I'm still praying that someone posts the entire story online. I want to watch it all from start to finish. So wish that P&G still allowed for DVD releases. They could've dedicated a set to this story alone and I would've purchased along with the rest of them. Speaking of those DVDs, I still want and can't find Guiding Light's Jennifer's Trial DVD and I want it badly sad.png .

• Members

Weelllll....I hated Lisa's singing. And I really had no use for her after she got high and mighty on Carly following Carly's (completely unconsummated) marriage to John. Lisa was ten times the screw up Carly ever was. EV-AH. The only difference between them was that Carly managed to raise her own children, not foist them off on her mother-in-laws. Oh, and Lisa somehow grew richer with each divorce.

Kimmy...well, I'm alright with her, other than the inexplicable friendship with the she-wolf known as Katie Perretti. Old School Kim never would have tolerated that little twit after she framed Chris (I believe it was something about blackmailing Molly to get her job).

• Members

P.J. . . . don't make me cut you, OK? :P Lisa is goddess. If she built the house that is World Turns so if needs to sing then let the Queen do so. :P And I hated that ATWT never fixed Carly & Lisa's relationship. I've always felt that they should've made Lisa Carly's confidante in the later years because these two are much alike. Carly is a carbon copy of the original prototype, Lisa.

And I think that Kim was only kind to Katie all those years b/c of her & Bob's friendship with Casey & Lyla, along with her being Margo's sister.

• Members

She built the house.... she built the entire industry. Peeps can fawn all over Susan Lucci , Dee Hall or whoever, but if ATWT and Lisa don't explode onto the scene, are those shows even created?

But I still don't have to let her sing. ph34r.png

• Members

I'm so glad you mentioned YP "considerable charms" (to use a quote from Lucinda regarding Emily, when played by MS). My roommate walked in when I had ATWT on back in the day and Rosebud walked in and he literally stopped in his tracks and said "Who's the chick with the huge rack?" ITA with the Cady's spin - I loathed Dixie on AMC, but I did enjoy her turn on ATWT.

Kim Hughes = sanctimonious, self-righteous, etc. The way she judged every character from Susan, Lisa, Emily, etc. made me sick.

I have many others to add to this list. So I will have to edit later.

• Members

Loved the scene where Susan went to see Kim to explain what had happened and Kim said something like if you dont leave Susan right now I am going to flatten you right here...and now on the floor.....lol....and you knew you were in trouble when she called you kiddo....LOL..or pal....LOL

Archived