Paul Rauch has passed away

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's the thing about Paul Rauch as an EP: whether you loved or hated what he did with a particular show, by God, you were going to watch. PR never bored the audience, which is something the EP's of today have forgotten.

• Members

Frank Valentini@valentinifrank

My good friend and mentor, Paul Rauch, passed away today...very sad news.

Frank Valentini@valentinifrank

Paul Rauch dedicated his life to soap operas and made a mark like no other. He will be missed, but his legendary contribution will live on.

Colleen Zenk @ColleenZenk

Heard earlier about legendary producer Paul Rauch's death. I never had the pleasure of working with him, but, he was always so kind to me...

Martha Madison@Marth27

The first EP to give me a test! RIP Mr Rauch

• Members

robin strasser@robinstrasser

@NelsonBranco just e mailed me that Paul Rauch has passed away. Paul worked & lived fiercely. A complicated man whose brand was tenacity.

Crystal Chappell@crystalchappell

Paul Rauch was a dear man to me...he will be missed. Love and prayers to his family.

Jordi Vilasuso@JordiVilasuso

RIP Paul Rauch. Gave me my first big break on Guiding Light and was a champion for his actors and the shows he produced. You will be missed!

Paul Anthony Stewart:

Very sad to hear about the passing of Guiding Light Executive Producer Paul Rauch. A great man, a brilliant producer, and a friend. He was the mastermind and motivating force behind the best of Danny & Michelle, and gave me the wonderful opportunity to portray Danny Santos, one of the most exciting characters I've ever created. Rest in peace, Paul.

tina sloan@tinasloan

and the great Paul Rauch is no longer with us. What a sad day as he loved his soaps and his actors and his cigars. He will be very missed

• Members

I can't pretend to know the details, but from what I remember reading before, he had apparently came on to her at one point (OLTL years I guess? It may have been the AW years, not sure) but he was angry when she turned him down, something like that. And didn't he fire her from OLTL in 1987?

Trivia: He dated Louise Sorel when she was on OLTL playing Judith Sanders (Kate & Jamie's mother).

• Members

Her role and wardrobe continually declined during his tenure at OLTL (although I don't know if she had a problem with the wardrobe, I've just heard people complain about it), the nadir for many fans being the story where Cassie had a fling with Dorian's boyfriend. Finally she left in 1987. Later she said she and Rauch both mishandled the situation. In 1990 they cleared the air and he offered her the chance to return for the Mendorra story, but she preferred to stay in LA.

Archived