Y&R- Brenda Epperson WANTS to RETURN!!

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wrote that partiular line in anger but I know Shari & Brenda personally as friends and I defend my friends when they are insulted. simple as that. And I've spoken with current cast members who are loving working with JFP, so Brenda retuning is NOT a lost cause, nor am I crazy. I do promotional work and talk show hosting and have gotten to know some of these people. It's one thing to voice an opinion but to attack someone personally is unnecessary. I was simply defending a person who deserved to be defended. Now, can't we all just get along?

• Members

It's not that serious, calling Shattuck a "thing" was rude of me, yes, but I don't pretend otherwise.

This is just a message board, there are more important things in life.

It may be a lost cause where Sony and Josh Griffith are concerned, though. Griffith made it pretty clear in his first interview back that he saw Davidson as Ashley and wishes he could write for her. Granted, his mind can change and the decision may not be up to him alone, but does Y&R care enough to bring Ashley back with a different actress again (granted one who played her before and was last seen in the role nearly 18 years ago)? I have my doubts.

• Members

"I believe they still have to pay Davidson each time a pic of her appears on the show. "

I always wonder aboutthis. People on here often say this about past soap stars, but it makes no sense to me that a show would have to do this--does anyone know for sure if they actually do?? The actors don't get paid when old episodes re-air or flashbacks are used, so why would someone having a photo with an ex actor on have to pay them??

• Members

As I've said before, it depends on the FOJ. If JFP wants, say, Marcy Walker to assume the role of Ashley, fine. (I'm not saying JFP would offer the role to her, or that MW would accept. I'm offering merely one example.) But if she puts in a call to Jensen Buchanan, then she can shove it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Check this out- after having already thanked me once, Brenda thanked me AGAIN for the campaign and linking her to this thread just the other day. I don't know for sure because she hasn't officially confirmed it to me, but clearly something has come of this. I don't know if it's just a meeting or if an agreement has been reached, but it was REALLY odd that she thanked me again, 2 weeks after I messaged her about the campaign and posted it on her page. Hmmmmmm........ Here's the link:

ee4cd8bdf5a0901234fb83e4c6e396cf

• Members

:lol:

Where do you get that idea? In the 30 years that JFP has been in daytime, she cast Sandra Ferguson exactly ONCE- as a RECAST Felicia when she wanted to play her in a major story that Kristina Wagner wasn't necessarily available to do. Yes, I know I'm simplifying things, but either way, that's the ONLY time SF has appeared on a JFP production, so I'm not quite sure why you'd be so resigned to the idea that she would bring her on as Ashley.

Now if you were talking about John Bolger, you might have a point.

I like the examples that you come up with in your mind. ;)

• Members

Brenda Epperson Doumani was boring.

I am sory if I am the Debbie Dowber to this party.

I appreciate your Santa Barbabara love, Juniorz. I feel for you (that is also my favorite TV show of all-time), but Epperson reminded me of an obligatory model in a rock star video like Christie Brinkly in Billy Joel's Uptown Girl video. She never did anything to make me say, "Oh, wow, Ashley is on screen!" during her 1989 to 1995 run.

I am sure Brenda is a sweet woman but I doubt she will be on our screens soon. I am just saying.

debbie_2Bdowner.jpg

Archived