B&B: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, I have to admit that the scenes weren't entirely devastating, I cried more at her goodbye party than I actually did during her dying scenes, but her final scenes were beautifully done. I also liked the DVD tribute they had the cast do....but no Thomas?....

• Members
Well they had to approach thigns differently. The actor on GH died in real life so they had to adjust storylines after the fact and work his death into it and he obviously couldnt be apart of it. B&B has been building up to Stephanie's death for years and kicked it into high gear months ago bc SF gave notice that she was leaving. The two cant really be directly compared. As for GH, I thought they did a wonderful job given the circumstances. What should they have done, brought back the Edward recast and spend the next 3 months writing off his death?

• Members

I just caught up with the episode where Stephanie leaves her party.

Her scene with Brooke was heartbreaking and hilarious ("we will [have peace] after you're gone!") and that last scene had me crying harder than I almost ever have.

When "Mother's Plea" started playing, I literally called out "Oh, no!" because I was wishing it would play during this scene and I knew that, if it did, I would lose it. Hugging everyone goodbye before she walked out, took a beat, and left was perfection.

Also, it's a small detail, but I love how the Irish music kept playing over the opening credits instead of going to the usual music... I was also hoping they would do that because it would have been too abrupt and would have destroyed the mood. It's rare in today's soap world than an episode will fill out all those little expectations you have and this episode sure did.

• Members

It would have made sense for them to use it, and also would have made things less depressing, I also didn't like how they had this irish sounding music blaring across the scene as Stephanie died in Brooke's arms, they should have played one of the show's shortened theme music cues that they used for many years.

Anyways, i'm wondering how the funeral will play out? (if they even decide to show it) I'm sure that will leave room for more tear jerking moments, also I have to wonder if Lauren and Katherine will come all the way from Genoa City to attend the funeral?

I'm also sure we haven't really seen the last of Stephanie, Susan will probably be asked to make guest stints as ghost Stephanie acting as a conscience for Brooke and her family (ala John on Y&R)

• Members

GH should've and could've put off the death for a few months until they put thought into the story. Edward's death came off as a plot point and the fact that the actor died in real life make sit that much worse. They weren't showing JI onscreen for months anyway this year a few more months to write a proper tribute wouldn't have mattered.

• Members

I feel like it was okay, but not as good as it could've been. I wish they had built up the Forrester's as a family. At the very least I would've done a Temp!Ridge recast, he needed to be there end of story. Having Brooke at the end made me sick. It should've been Eric! This just reinforces my opinion that this is the end of John McCook on B&B. They couldn't even throw him this final bone. I know he said this is a new lease on life for Eric, but he's crazy to think that. He'll fade into the background like all the other Forresters. Now I understand the reports about not seeing the Forrester mansion again.

Archived