Top Posters In This Topic

• Vee

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Khan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Last night I was watching my local/regional news broadcast and they played clips from a Trump speech (presumably the one where he stands where loads up garbage serve as his backdrop, how apropos!) and Trump boasted that he was going to bring in millions of manufacturing jobs.

Excuse me but millions??!  Not hundreds, or thousands or even tens of thousands but millions?  Why is there no fact-checking the way that other candidates have had their claims fact-checked?  I swear, one of the news anchors could barely suppress a sigh and an eye-roll.:lol:

Seriously though, are the media going to leave it to only print news media and bloggers to challenge each outrageous claim that Trump makes as well as his casual use of careless language and throwaway remarks? What a sad state!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members
  • Members

This whole flap with Bill Clinton and Loretta Lynch is a great example of why I will never trust him in power. He just can't help himself. I saw someone saying, "Cheney met with people too." Is that really the best argument to use? 

• Members

For all we know he was trying to make the connection and use a charm offensive to make sure Hillary faced no prosecution no matter what.   That's the Clintons, to use any and all tricks at their disposal.   I don't blame him for trying, and I imagine she knew the meeting was happening.   It's not like she is some innocent naive do-gooder who is shocked at even the hint of wrongness.   She's the one with the server deleting emails, do you think she cares he took the AG aside to hint they would be grateful if everything went away.

Let's face it, they have been spending 25 years going from episode to episode hoping legal problems went away and they have been in lock step all the way.   How can anyone be mad at him for jeopardizing her legal case and not be mad at her for having a legal case in the first place?    Yes he approached the AG but she was the one with the Einstein idea to have secret emails on a secret server.   You don't hear him complaining she is ruining things.   This is just the way they operate.   If they didn't have secrets and angles they wouldn't be the Clintons.   In some way it seems like stuff like this is what gets them up in the morning.   You gotta love em.

• Members

I do love the Clinton's, but I sure don't trust them. You'd have to be a fool to fully trust them. However I do trust them to run the country better than Trump or any of the other Republicans who ran this time around. That's kind of a low bar, I know.  I sort of dread the next four years of inevitable scandal.  I just hope Bill has more impulse control this time around.

• Members

I don't trust them no way....but we are back in that time of the dreaded 'lesser of two evils', and Trump is just downright horrible. Plus...his campaign is now charging anyone for time during prime time hours at the RNC later this month. that is how broke they are.