A DAYS rumor I hope comes true!

• Members

Apparently the show is toying around with the idea of dropping those cheesy SFX at the end of each episode once Sheffer and his writing team comes in.

Let's all get down on our knees and pray this happens! :lol:

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OH PRAISE GOD! PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE!

I'm down on my knees... GET RID OF THE SFX.

To Wyman & Corday: IT SUCKS.

I also wish the NEXT ON DAYS thing is dropped. I'd actually rather have "previously on". Or nothing at all.

• Members

I like the "next on Days" portion of the show because it gives me an idea of what's coming up ahead which allows me to determine whether I need to catch the episode or not. I agree that it does spoil what's upcoming, though. However, I really like the idea of a "previously on Days" tidbit at the beginning of an episode instead. Those few scenes of the previous episode would be enough to fill me in on what's happened if I've happened to miss the specific episode.

Either way, it really doesn't bother me. Lately, I haven't been able to make it through a complete episode of Days anyways, so I hardly ever have to see the ending. :lol:

• Members

THANLS GOD...PLEASE BE TRUE!!!

While they are at it they need to dump the Next on Days crap too. I find that bit annoying and pointless and half the time it is scenes from the end of the next show. I don't think they need to Previously on Days bit...it would give people an excuse not to watch but, then again, good writing will make people watch so it's moot I guess.

• Members

Since "Days" premiered those SHITTY effects in 2002 or 2003 I just shake my head. I mean, it's not an opinion, it's actually FACT that these special effects at the end of the episode SUCK ASS. Especially compared to the classic, classy fadeout to the hourglass and the freezeframe with credits. Granted, I understand that NBC is greedy and wants more ad space for promos so we can never return to those days and must forever live with the squeezed frame, but for GOODNESS SAKES, don't they know a better alternative than those damn effects?!! The show really DOES look like a joke with that CRAP.

• Members

If it means subtracting a bit of time from the show and making those promos full-screen, and running the credits like they used to do it, I'm all for it. That goes for ALL soaps, not just Days. Today's viewers don't know what it is like to see the full hourglass at the end, the globe turning on ATWT, a shot of Cincinnati at darkness (Edge)...

Archived