Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soap Opera Network Community

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Days: The Killing Pool

Featured Replies

  • Member

I enjoyed this story. I loved all the Laura drama. Jamie Lyn Bauer was the bomb. I enjoyed Sally Sussman Morina's writing.

  • Replies 20
  • Views 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member

The thing I liked most about SSM's reign was just that it was fresh. It was a change. We saw some new characters, new stories. I may not have loved the stories, but they were new, and JER got very, very draggy in the last year of his run.

  • Member

Wow KR you thought JER got draggy in his last year? 1997 was the year of all his payoffs although it did drag from end of July 1997 into the Fall with the exception of the Carrie/Austin/Sami stuff. The jungle stuff started at that point too so I guess I see yoru point about that but most of JER's last year was amazing., mostly since he was leaving.

I didn't hate Morina. I hated her bringing on so many characters but I guess it was important because those characters drove story for years and she did bring us Nicole. I just hated what she did to the story of Hope's past which had so much potential. Days always did out there stuff but she was the first to start with the brain chip crap so I can't forgive her for that. Her run was't horrible but it had alot of draggy moments and bad stories mixed in with the good.

  • Member

Summer of 97 was filled with payoffs, but I remember in the Winter of 97 and Spring of 97 things were so draggy and unbelievably slow moving in the Bo/Hope/Franco/Billie story and Austin/Carrie. The only story that moved at all the first part of the year was Kristen. That is when JER really started to lose it in the pace department.

  • Member

I liked DAYS during SSM's run. It's too bad that Corday can't understand why having his nose up the writers' butts ruins the show, with his insistence on sci-fi and shoving teens and younger characters down viewers' throats. Then we got Langan, and Saved By the Belle, which was awful. I actually stopped watching then.

  • Member

Oh yeah KR-it was kinda slow other then Kristen.

I had no idea Corday interfered with SSM. So he was the one that pushed the sci-fi (brain chip, tooth implant) and teen crap? Well, in that case, he got owned because when he fired Langan in 2001. He kinda blamed all that on him and he was acting like a hero saying how the vets and the characters people wanted to see would be used now and not back burnered like they were for that whole summer. I remember in SOD they were mentioning how he was being called a hero for listening to the fans and canning Langan. He was no hero-he played just as much a part as Langan did in pushing that crap :angry: .

Ugh-he better not interfere with Hogan because he has already messed up enough writers :angry: .

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.