NYC and Rain do NOT mix

Shawn

• Members

So I get out of work today, right after the torrential rain hit Manhattan. I get to the subway terminal, and it was like sardinesin a can. The rain flooded the tracks for the N train which I take to go home to Queens. I was stuck waiting in the subway for over two hours. Finally, they started the train up again and on the way home in an overpacked subway car, some nutjob proceeded to scream at the top of her lungs that global warming is going to kill us all. She even sang a song. Good lord, she actually sang. Then, to make matters worse, as soon as I stepped off the subway car and onto the platform, it started to downpour again. I looked like a wet rat by the time I got to my building.

So I just got home, two hours after I should have gotten home, and I'm exhausted.

A helluva first week in NYC. :lol:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aww thanks Chanel. I tell ya, though, that the singing woman almost didn't. Everyone around her, including me, gave the same look to each other, which was "Throw Momma from the Train!!!" :lol:

• Members

"Finally, they started the train up again and on the way home in an overpacked subway car, some nutjob proceeded to scream at the top of her lungs that global warming is going to kill us all. She even sang a song. Good lord, she actually sang."

LMAO!!!

Archived