DAYS: New Promo!

• Members

Well, I for one am shocked to [!@#$%^&*] that next week's promo does not include Patch. But whatever! Ugh. :angry:

It was clips of Chelsea's trial.

And then it showed, a television with nothing on the screen. And it says the evidence got wiped out. A cop says only one officer was in the evidence room that day - Bo Brady!

It looks pretty good actually, but I stayed out of the thread about Chelsea's trial so I was shocked to see all of this go down. Had I known, I wouldn't have been too impressed.

CANNOT BELIEVE THEY AREN'T RUNNING PATCH PROMOS!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maybe they think if they don't promote the returns heavily, they won't get anything blowing up in their face like any returns in the past they've promoted? I.E. Wayne Northrop, Lisa Rinna as Billie? Honestly, I think not promoting the return is smart; they should wait until their is actual story to promote, so the return doesn't fall under the pressure of it's own hype. JMO.

The promo was good. I feel so spoiled now, though. :lol:

• Members

Actually I think a Patch and Kayla promo will air next Friday. You will probably only see his face on Friday so why bother? Next week is the big week when they both return so they should promote that. I think their reunion will be bigger then their first days. Plus, I think Days may be going the surprise route so that many will be shocked Friday and then Days will air a promo or maybe one of those promos like they did for May at the end of the show previewing Hot Summer Days with Patch and Kayla.

They will promote it and I expect a promo maybe even this week added on to this trial promo or you will just get one Friday right after Steve appears or during Passions. It is not that big of a deal-various media outlets reported the return already so most know about it. Days will get a small rise this week for the trial and hen after people see Steve Friday and then see promos they will jump much more next week and even more for their reunion. I did like this promo though-I knew some of this was going to happen but I didn't know the part about Bo unless Kate set that up too.

I agree Keith and many always complain they want to be surprised and hate that promos reveal so much about stories and what is going to happen. This way you will be surprised and once the story starts then it can be promoted. People will come back to watch no question whether Days promotes it heavily or not. Everyone I know knows about it and they don't read mags or spoilers.

• Members

I think that is just messed on the part of NBC and or DAYS. Whoever makes up these promos, they should have been promoting S&K return since it was known they were coming back. So that the word is out there and old fans of their might actually get to hear the word and tune back in. Just because it was in SOD and such wouldn't mean much to getting some old fans of their who have given up soaps to tune back into DAYS. But seeing their faces on screen in a promo or two could catch the eye of a lot of former fans.

Especailly with Friday being the first appearance of Steve, even if it is just a bit at the tail end of an episode, you have to grab the viewers and let them know this is the start of it.

I wasn't watching in 2000 and hadn't been in years, but when the promos for Missy Reeves started appearing, I started watching the show a couple weeks before she was to reutrn just so I could get caught up on the goings on in Salem after 7 years.

• Members

I think they should have been promoting June 8th as a big day for weeks now - not necessarily hinting at why or because of whom. But calling it out as a big day.

Did his first day get moved to Friday, June 9th?

• Members

Allow me to edit my comments. His return is the 6th is is not? That would make his return a Tuesday. That would in turn make Kayla's return a Monday. Hmm. That doesn't seem right. :lol: I still say waiting for next week is better for promotion. Because NBC doens't know how to be secretive.

• Members

Steve returns June 9-this Friday and Kayla on Monday June 12. That has been the case all along and has appeared in SOD and SOW several times since the announcement. That is why I don't think it should be promoted until this Friday IMO. You will get a glimpse of him Friday and that is it. Days is willing to go the surprise route and I like it. You would be surprised how many people that don't read mags and go on the net know about it already without promotion.

• Members

Steve's first sighting is actually Jack's hallucination on the 9th. I believe that is the way it goes so there is nothing to promote. Chelsea on the other hand has a trial that has been in abeyance for months. I hate that the evil cop erased the tape and pinned that on Bo. There was a time I really did like Kate and thought she was justified in her evil ways against Sami, but doing this is just beyond anything I can forgive.

Rachel Melvin says that she believes Chelsea gets off too lightly, so I'm assuming she gets only community service for a length of time.

• Members

Yeah I did too. Looks like he only appears to Jack which means maybe he appears in Salem next week. That is when they will promote it. I also wouldn't be surprised if this week Days starts their long summer preview promos while the credits roll. They did one in May for the whole month promoting Jack's return so I coudl totally see them adding a Steve and Kayla one to the end of the trial promo this week or maybe just doing a long promo while the credits roll at the end of the show. Friday there will definitely be one.

Archived