Why Exactly is Paris Hilton Famous?

Daphne

• Members

WHY on earth is Paris Hilton famous? What is she famous for? In what manner has she contributed positively to society?

I don't get it. Every day on E! they ALWAYS, ALWAYS talk about Paris. Her new boyfriend. Her new breakup with said boyfriend. Her arrival at parties. How much jewelry she has. Her sex tape.

VH1 constantly gives this woman press. Same with Us Weekly and other similar publications.

People with ACTUAL talent (Alicia Keys, Norah Jones, Glenn Close, Martin Scorcese, Morgan Freeman, just to name a few) don't get anywhere NEAR as much press as Paris does. Why is that?

The other day I was watching a rerun of Laguna Beach (and promptly changed the channel as I cannot relate to those people) and they were watching The OC and one of the Laguna peeps was excited because Paris Hilton was coming up :rolleyes::blink:

Paris Hilton cannot act. Paris Hilton cannot sing. She is not known for being intelligent. She is not known for her philanthropy. She is not regarded as a positive role model. What I regard her as is not suitable to print on this message board.

So what is it about her that makes "America" fawn over her? I am just stunned at her celebrity. Perhaps if someone breaks it down for me, I can finally see the light.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. ) And foremost, being a whore.

2. ) Being an heir.

3. ) Doing a show with a hilarious sidekick.

I love her until she starts throwing insults around to people like Lindsay Lohan. :) Then, I hate her guts.

• Members

I saw video of that guy with Paris on Best Week Ever who kept calling L.L. firecrotch and a nobody. Um, yeah, who ARE these people. At least, LL has talent and seems to be a nice person. IMO, anyway.

• Members

why is apris hilton famous? shes rich, thin attractive, and this is america. you dont have to be famous for anything. people just become famous.

i for one like paris hilton for the simple fact that she is famous for NO REASON AT ALL! and i love how she milks it for everything its worth. i say u go girl. lol.

and as for the brandon david/lindsey lohan thing.. wow. that stuff is crazy. they post about it all the time on oh no they didnt! message board.

• Administrator

They don't sell magazines and they pretty much live a "normal" celebrity life - they are "boring." lol

Paris is always on E! and is always in the rags because there's always something to talk about when it comes to her....who's she dating...who's she fighting with....etc.

Archived