GL: Stanley Cup Makes Acting Debut in "Guiding Light"

• Members

Gatschet & Pelphrey must have had a hoot shooting this scene! :lol: This has to be my fave GL promo ever!

Link to promo:

Stanley Cup Promotion

Stanley Cup makes acting debut in "Guiding Light"

NEW YORK -- The Stanley Cup, the oldest and most revered trophy in all professional sports, made its "acting" debut on the set of the longest-running television show in broadcast history, "Guiding Light." The Cup shot a scene with the show's most popular couple, Jonathan and Tammy, played by recent Daytime Emmy winner Tom Pelphrey, and Stephanie Gatschet, respectively.

In the scene, Tammy leaves Jonathan for Stanley (The Stanley Cup). Jonathan confronts the new couple in Company, the trendy restaurant in the fictional town of Springfield.

When asked to explain why she has chosen Stanley over Jonathan, Tammy admits, "Stanley is the kind of guy I've been looking for all my life. Older, polished, well traveled... He's just... he's one of a kind man of the people."

The Stanley Cup took part in the one-day shoot at Guiding Light's New York City studios as part of its Stanley Cup Playoffs tour. Since embarking on the tour in April, the Cup has dined with actors Kurt Russell and Susan Sarandon, has visited with rapper Lil' Jon; performed a duet at the Grand Ole Opry with country music star Dierks Bentley; and jammed with country duo Montgomery Gentry in a Nashville music studio.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"I think we have FINALLY found a pairing on this show that Dan would like!"

Hey now. Don't bash the cup. It has more talent than a few of GL's regular younger actors... ;)

• Members

Graybunny, I don't think those scenes would have been quite as funny had TP and SG not acted the way they were. Jonathan's acting like his usual angry self and Tammy's being a full-blown romantic. I think they got the essence of both characters right here.

Archived