GL goes on location for the next ISL Eppy

• Members

GL does on a location shoot, but doesn't go that far.

From Soaptown:

GL will also be doing a special episode this May for Mother's Day. Fiona Hutchison, Jean Carol, and Audrey Peters will be returning just for this one special episode. The show continues to search for two men in their early 20s or late teens for two roles.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I really hope that GL starts to delve into Reva's menopause story. It started off well enough, but then it became nothing more than background to the Nate story. I was hoping that they would use incporate it into Josh and Reva's break-up (Reva leaves Josh due to a mid-life crisis etc). Reva does everything "big" so it would make sense for her to overract to menopause. Hopefully they'll continue the story.

I'm glad they are going on location. Hopefully it means that they are researching it through and want to show how a "real" mammogram would be like.

The Mother's Day episode sounds good.

• Members

Indeed. Reva was supposed to get breast cancer in the summer of 1999 before that was scrapped for a more "sweeping, calgon-take-me-away adventure" at San Cristobel (supposedly to compete with the just-launched teen-oriented soap Passions).

I think this will be great material. Great time for the kiddies (Shayne, for starters) to come home and rally around her. Kind of sad that the soaps tend to run topical stories at the same time (ATWT's Lucinda). If they were more spread out, each story would seem more fresh instead of a rehash or copycat of another soap. Especially if Shayne comes home and reveals he's gay, it's Luke Snyder, Part II.

Archived