MySpace?

KMan101

• Members

Hey guys...

I just succumbed to the pressure and started a myspace account...lol.

I've never been 100% sure about them but I figured what the hell.

Just wondering if anyone else has one? I'm a little lonely right now, so add me, heh!

(link is in my signature)

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wouldn't have asked about it if i didnt know about it honey!! LOL!! I dont use the net that much. Just do emails...chat on messangers...post...and browse through things. Thats pretty much it. Is this like a chatroom where people can get into other people's friends lists or something like that?

• Members

I don't know alot about it but I do know that both my daughters used to have one (or maybe still do). You set up a page for yourself where you can post lots of things even music, profiles or yourself, etc. There is a place to show your other friends who have MySpace with links to their pages. You can put pictures of yourself. People can leave you messages and stuff.

I know that lately it has gotten lots of bad publicity. A young boy here in Tennessee (13 I think) met a 20 something man via his page. The man started messaging him through it and they set up a meeting and the man raped him. Well they called it rape. The man said the boy wanted to have sex, but of course it is statuatory rape no matter what. Of course the press here talked about MySpace.com alot.

Then this morning on Good Morning America they said it was through MySpace.com that the law in a small town were able to stop another school shooting. The boys who were planning the shooting had a page and I think hinted at something happening. GMA said they were advertising the anniversary of Hitler and the anniversary of Columbine and waning their friends through MySpace to wear bullet proof vests that day. When the cops went they found a hit list and lots of weopons and ammunition. They said it was a pretty small town. They interviewed one of the girls on the hit list and she got on the hit list because the boys thought she was responsible for getting them caught. So of course MySpace was featured heavily in the GMA show this morning.

Archived