Top Posters In This Topic

• hookedongh

• remos

• Ms. Quartermaine

• ILoveTracyQ

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Here's the thing, though: wouldn't Jill have had to approve a Tracy mob story in the first place? Especially if Garin was talking about in the press? And the story got good responses, from what I heard.

So even though I think Jill is ageist or sexist a bit, if anyone put the kibosh on it, I'd bet Frons over Jill before I'd think Jill went to Frons.

Although BOTH of them have been quoted as calling anyone over fifty old (guess they're "old", then). So it's a toss up.

I hate this show. Only an idiot would waste Jane Elliot.

If and when this show does end, they'd better do Tracy justice. I want a big, blow out end for her. It can be a happy one, but there'd better be some angst beforehand.

It isn't just GH, though. I have to say, movies and TV in general are so unimaginative these days. Where are the lovable rogues, the rascals, the anti-heroes and heroines?

They are who I am interested in, and so many of the characters we get these days have the personality of wet noodles.

Again...this show has Tracy freaking Quartermaine, one of the best anti-heroines(she is NOT a villianess to me and never has been) on TV ever, and they are wasting her. IDIOTS.

• Members

Here are some new media pics for week of Nov 28th

Tracy is on Dec 2nd and then not til xmas

Luke looks to be writing a goodbye note yet again

monica/luke scene--interesting..maybe this is after liz slaps him

Go to my little Q board to see

http://s11.zetaboards.com/GHQuartermaines/topic/7487204/2/?x=0

Edited by hookedongh

• Members

I was reading a Daytime TV from April 1984 which talked about GH's dropped story plans, and story ideas they still had. One idea they still had was that if Jane Elliott returned, they were going to say Tracy had become a prostitute, and that Alan, wanting to hire a hooker, would inadvertently end up hiring her.

• Members

Yes, JFP said those things, but Frons has said the same and worse, several times. They both have no business in an entertainment industry where a good majority of the viewers are the very people they are mocking.

Such a blatant lack of regard for their audience. I cannot understand why they were not publically reprimanded for such comments. But then, the fact that they weren't, and that they are still in charge, is a huge part of the reason ABC daytime is in the toilet.

I have always felt though, that they have never tried to get more viewers. I think the network has for years banked on the viewership slipping away so they'd have an excuse to cancel the shows. Frons, ABC/Disney-they don't want soaps.

And JFP is just going with the flow. It's sad.But I can't say I'm surprised.

• Members

^^ Yet another example of the 99% against the 1%. I doubt Fronzie and JFP care a whole hell of a lot about the audience - it's more about their business reputation and income, and in all honesty they were only saying what has been widely accepted for decades. WE care about the "older" actors because we remember when they once were our age and had all those scenes. But I've seen many viewers say exactly what those two have said. TPTB aren't stupid - they are in fact far too savvy for the average soap watcher's own good. They are a lot more aware of the trends then we want to accept. We are the ones "behind the times".

Now the fact that we're also open minded isn't part of this equation.

• Members

nex, there were some REALLY great Tracy/Luke scenes on today. This is the best work I've seen the two of them do together in a very long while. No wacky antics, nothing over the top, no random yelling - just caring, earnestness, and very good attempts at connection.

The basic gist is that Lucky got back from his trip from Ireland, and while he was checking in on Aiden at the hospital, Luke slipped out and went back to the HS. Tracy followed him there and tried to get him to come around to some realizations that he's fighting about himself. She wasn't successful, but she gave him some serious food for thought. It's evident the two of them are not anywhere near finished yet, if today was any indication.

The thing that drives me crazy about GW's writing is we have to put up with craptastic and offensive stuff like the way crazy Lisa tried to inject Patrick with Robin's blood, but then we can get a well-acted, well-written series of quiet moments between two total pros.

It's worth a check if you can watch the clips.